Sailun Tires

Has anyone put the Sailun S637 on a CY4100 and what are your results? Definitely replacing all 7 after experiencing 2 blowouts this past Monday. And not to sound dumb, but how do I find out if the wheels are rated for these tires?

AAdams

On the inside of the rim it should be stamped on one of the spokes what the ratings are. For the G rated tires it will need to be rated for at least 110psi.

jbeletti

Has anyone put the Sailun S637 on a CY4100 and what are your results? Definitely replacing all 7 after experiencing 2 blowouts this past Monday. And not to sound dumb, but how do I find out if the wheels are rated for these tires?

Your wheel capcity is generally stamped on the back of the wheel. You'll need to crawl underneath to find it. Maybe take a flashlight and a rag with you.

The Sailun S637 is now standard equipment on Cyclone. I don't have any stats on results with this tire on a Cyclone, but at the same time, no one on this forum has yet to report any issue with this Sailun tire and some have used them for 3 years without incident.

DocFather

Your wheel capcity is generally stamped on the back of the wheel. You'll need to crawl underneath to find it. Maybe take a flashlight and a rag with you.

The Sailun S637 is now standard equipment on Cyclone. I don't have any stats on results with this tire on a Cyclone, but at the same time, no one on this forum has yet to report any issue with this Sailun tire and some have used them for 3 years without incident.

It would be nice if Heartland would exchange the Tomax. I have less than 600 miles on mine and do not have the $$ to replace 7 tires.

Snow

It would be nice if Heartland would exchange the Tomax. I have less than 600 miles on mine and do not have the $$ to replace 7 tires.
yes that would be great doc,so far mine has about 2500 miles on them I now have tst 507 system which helps ease my mind a little bit . curious as to why it took so long to correct a vary major problem

B

BouseBill

1,400 miles over 4 days running at 60 and 65 mph max. No problems with the Sailun Tires. Sure better than the BlowMax tires.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We were out looking at trailers today and found a 2015 Heartland Elkridge E292 that we liked . . . (not buying right now, but maybe in the near future?).

And guess what . . . it had BlowMax tires on it!

And almost all of the other Heartlands had Tow King tires on them . . . which are identical to the BlowMax's . . . just a new name!

MCTalley

We were out looking at trailers today and found a 2015 Heartland Elkridge E292 that we liked . . . (not buying right now, but maybe in the near future?).

And almost all of the other Heartlands had Tow King tires on them . . . which are identical to the BlowMax's . . . just a new name!

Probably earlier models? You can see the build date on the stickers on the off-door side of the rig. I think they just recently (last few months) started using different tires. Our new rig was built in July, 2014 and has Sailun G637 tires, but I think they were an option at that point. Not sure.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

2016s are being built now, so that 2015 could be a year old. Heartland is making the transition away from TowMax tires. But I'm sure there are many unsold rigs sitting on lots that have tires of the former brand. If you decide to buy, insist on a tire change. That simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
2016s are being built now, so that 2015 could be a year old. Heartland is making the transition away from TowMax tires. But I'm sure there are many unsold rigs sitting on lots that have tires of the former brand. If you decide to buy, insist on a tire change. That simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build date on the sticker was 2/3/2015 . . .

rayk4e

I hear a lot of good things about the Sailuns and wish you great luck with them. Smart move! We just brought home our new Road Warrior 415 last week and I had the dealer replace all 7 BlowMax tires with Hercules Power STR 235/85-16 tires. I really didn't want to spend nearly $350 per tire for the GY614s and like the Sailuns I could not find anything but positive reviews of the Hercules and they only cost me $165 per tire including mounting. They look like a really high quality tire but only time will tell if they are. Regardless, I know I made the right choice getting rid of the TowMax tires before even bringing it home.

Oh, and I put the TowMax tires on Craigslist and sold them in 2 days for $60 each to a local driveway contractor - along with full disclosure of their known issues. He didn't care and I recouped $420 of my new tire expenses. :cool:

danemayer

Oh, and I put the TowMax tires on Craigslist and sold them in 2 days for $60 each to a local driveway contractor - along with full disclosure of their known issues. He didn't care and I recouped $420 of my new tire expenses. :cool:

I applaud your full disclosure.

RVFun4Us

Glad to read this thread. Have been looking at a 3270 at the dealer. Noticed it had Sailun tires and I was concerned that they may not be good quality. When I bought my 3055 back in 2008, it came with Mission tires which were real bad like the Towmax of today. Changed over to Michelin XPS RIBS. They have been fantastic. Now reaching the end of their life at 7 years. So wasn't looking forward to changing out the Sailuns if I bought a new rig. But this thread has convinced me that Heartland has made a good change and the comments are much appreciated.