Salisbury, N.C. campgrounds

rnewk52

We just got wonderful news, our son is coming home from Kuwait and will be home for Christmas.:) Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for campgrounds in or very near Salisbury N.C. We are open for private, state, or C.O.E campgrounds from mid December through mid January at least. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
John and Rita, Congratulations on your son coming home for Christmas. Please tell him we say Thank you for his service. Take a look at Crosswinds family campground. It is just off I-85 near Salisbury. We held a rally there a couple years ago. Very nice campground and great folks to work with. Their web address is www.CrossWindsFamilyCampground.com.

fast900

There are two big camprounds in Mocksville NC. One is Lake Myers and the used to be thousand trails but I am not sure if that is still the name. Mocksville is not far from Salisbury and you should also check in Concord and Huntersville. Both of those are around 30 mins drive from Salisbury as well.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I think the Thousand Trails is called Forest Lake or something along that line. It is located on hwy 64 and while it is near Mocksville, I believe it has a Lexington, NC address.

Jasonrs1319

quiet winter place

Check out Dan Nicholas park. It is a county park with little to no people staying there in the winter months. Great walking trails around the lake and friendly staff.