Saliun S637 235/85/R16 G. Tire Pressure

pjberny5

Based on the advice from this form I just dumped all 5 of my Tow Max tires and replaced them with the Saliun S637s. My question is do you run them at MAX PSI of 110.

I have a Bighorn 3260 EL and it weighs 12,600lbs when loaded ready to hookup to. Took her to the scales.

Any input from others running the Saliuns would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had those tires and they were very decent. No problems with them.

110 psi is the recommended pressure (it is stamped on the tire) , assuming your rims are rated for it. Trace

Randor

I had those tires and they were very decent. No problems with them.

110 psi is the recommended pressure (it is stamped on the tire) , assuming your rims are rated for it. Trace

Where is it labeled what pressure the rims will handle? I am assuming the stock rims probably won't?????

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most of the cast aluminum 8 lug wheels are rated to 110#.

pjberny, are you saying that your 3260EL weighs, loaded for travel, 12600#'s ?. Wow, that is lite for that coach. Was the trailer only setting on the scales or just the axles? A 3160EL has a empty weight of a little over 12K and that be without any added options and all your gear. Did HL quit making the 3260EL in 2016??

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
That is lighter than my old 3055. I'll be getting my 3260 weighed at the Goshen rally, but it feels as it weighs way more than the 3055. I see that the 3260 is dealer stock only. For us we prefer the 3260 floor plan which is reversed from most plans.

justafordguy

My stock wheels were labeled "3750# 110PSI" on the back side of the wheel. Kinda hard to see with them on the trailer but you can see it.

Randor

My stock wheels were labeled "3750# 110PSI" on the back side of the wheel. Kinda hard to see with them on the trailer but you can see it.

Great - I'll crawl under when I get home and check. Running with 3 axles and a spare tire, putting out for 7 tires, shipping and having them mounted is a big chunk of change. Don't really want to put out even more for new rims. BUT - still probably cheaper than having a blowout that tears up the side and underside of the RV.

pjberny5

Most of the cast aluminum 8 lug wheels are rated to 110#.

pjberny, are you saying that your 3260EL weighs, loaded for travel, 12600#'s ?. Wow, that is lite for that coach. Was the trailer only setting on the scales or just the axles? A 3160EL has a empty weight of a little over 12K and that be without any added options and all your gear. Did HL quit making the 3260EL in 2016??

Sorry. My happy fingers it the 2 instead of the 3. Trailer loaded for travel is 13600.

HornedToad

I put the Saliuns on last month. I requested "metal" valve stems and got a 100 PSI rated valve stem that is rubber on the bottom and metal on top. To be rated over 100 PSI you need a "full metal" valve stem.

So... I run my Saliuns @ 99 PSI.

Soon, when I install a TPMS, I plan on upgrading to the "full metal" valve stems that are rated to handle the 110 PSI max stamped on the Saliuns.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would recommend the full metal valve stems. If you have or plan to use a TPMS then you will need a metal stem anyway.

Travis798

Great - I'll crawl under when I get home and check. Running with 3 axles and a spare tire, putting out for 7 tires, shipping and having them mounted is a big chunk of change. Don't really want to put out even more for new rims. BUT - still probably cheaper than having a blowout that tears up the side and underside of the RV.

I personally don't believe tires are such a huge issue on a triple axle trailer. My old fifth wheel was a King of the road that weighed about 18k. The trailer was rated for E rated tires and that is all I ever ran. I can't remember the brand, but the original set I ran on it I bought because they were fairly cheap and ran them so long the only tire problem I ever had was losing a rubber valve stem.

E rated tires tend to be pretty reliable with the exception of weight, but with 6 tires on the ground, weight shouldn't be an issue either.

Maybe someone else will chime in an prove me wrong, but on a triple axle I'm guessing the trailer is rated for E rated tires, which is exactly what I would run.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I personally don't believe tires are such a huge issue on a triple axle trailer. My old fifth wheel was a King of the road that weighed about 18k. The trailer was rated for E rated tires and that is all I ever ran. I can't remember the brand, but the original set I ran on it I bought because they were fairly cheap and ran them so long the only tire problem I ever had was losing a rubber valve stem.

E rated tires tend to be pretty reliable with the exception of weight, but with 6 tires on the ground, weight shouldn't be an issue either.

Maybe someone else will chime in an prove me wrong, but on a triple axle I'm guessing the trailer is rated for E rated tires, which is exactly what I would run.

Not trying to be a smart alck but if and when you have a blow out that does $4500 damage to your RV you will think differently. I know, been there done that.

oscar

Maybe the E rated tires of the early 1900's were decent tires...... Things have changed.