Salt Lake City

CoveredWagon

Looking for places to stay in the Salt Lake City area this summer. Any ideas ? Parks not boondocking.

thanks.

Gaffer

Make sure you have a water pressure regulator. When we stayed in Provo a couple of years ago on the way to the Moab Rally, the pressure was over 100.

RoadJunkie

I don't know what you would consider the SLC area to be as it covers quite a bit of region, but Pony Express is a newer campground that is off the 215 beltway on the west side of the city. In-city camping is probably going to be a bit noisy anyway. The SLC airport is off to the west but I don't think that would be a problem based on distance and runway approaches. If you're willing to drive about 45 minutes away from SLC then look at Mountain Valley in Heber City, just south of Park City. It is typically a bit cooler in the summer and, if you're not traveling with children, ask for the adult section of the park.

chiefneon

Howdy!

X2 on the Pony Express RV Park. We stayed there last year on our trip to Alaska. Nice clear park with good pull throughs and friendly folk running the park. They worked with us a couple of days when we had to have some RV repair work done on our 5er. Would definitely stay there again when in the area.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

CoveredWagon

Thanks folks we're building our summer trip, from the National rally to Mt Rushmore to Yellowstone to Salt Lake City and beyond.
Keep the ideas coming.

212Pilot

Looking for places to stay in the Salt Lake City area this summer. Any ideas ? Parks not boondocking.

thanks.

X3 on Pony Express. If you get the first row pull through spots its not too noisy. Its close to downtown and easy access to I215 and I15.

Ducky

We came from Yellowstone NP last year, and when in the SLC area we stayed at Lakeside RV Park in Provo UT. Nice park, lots of trees, most are buddy sites with FHU.