San Marcos Pecan Park

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I also would be interested in this park as we are thinking of meeting family there when we go back to Texas this winter.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We spent a month (Nov 2006) in Fentress, TX. which is east of SM. We checked out Pecan Park and it seemed very nice. Had we not had reservations in San Antonio, we may have spent some time at Pecan Park. Plenty to do in the area also.

RCF

We really like it. Most of our trips are out to the Hill Country, and Pecan Park is one of our favorite parks. Nothing special, but lots of big shade trees, can walk down to the San Marcos (I think) river, close to Austin, San Antonio, Wimberley, etc.

meandg

crawgator
When did they redo it? We were there about 2 years ago. We have been a few times with friends and with a rally. We have always enjoyed it. We have stayed close to the pool and bathhouse. Don't try to play the frisbee golf as it is really in the woods. The adults would pull up a chair in the river and the kids would play on tubes, walking up river and floating down.

Owenfamily

We just stayed at this park. We stayed in the front area by the dog run and pool area. Those sites do not have any shade. From what I can see is there are a lot of full timers that take up the park with the most shade. The 50 amp service did not work that great for us. The people next to us were having problems with their 30 amp as well. The sites with no shade are very narrow and not much room. They do have gates that you have to deal with. So don't just get their without getting a gate code. There are big speed bumps to deal with as well. It is somewhat a nice park but I would not want to stay their for more then a weekend. I would suggest you look at Luling area. They have some nice campgounds and the price is very fair.