Satelite ready in an Ashland??

twilliams

I have a new 2015 Ashland LM 365 and I am trying to set up Dish TV service through a King Tailgater. When I run the cable through a window and connect it to the dish reciever directly, it works great. I have tried connecting it through the sat-ready connections in the utility compartment and I keep getting a screen that says- no signal. Any ideas on how to connect it through the coaches wiring?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Find the cable wire schematic sheet in your blue packet. study it, then you'll have to pull down your wall in the basement and tighten each and every connection. All of mine were loose. all of the TV antenna wire also, pull down the booster plug in the bedroom too. And I would label all of the plugs behind the TV in the livingroom after you determine which one is which.

jimtoo

Before you tear anything apart, which may still be needed, make sure the antenna signal booster in the closet or where ever it is in that unit is turned OFF. It must be off for satellite and on for over the air.

danemayer

First, you've got 4 connections in the UDC, above the water connections. 2 of these go to the roof and the other 2 go to living room and bedroom. See the diagram below. Also, it's pretty easy for the factory guy to get the wires connected differently from the labels. You may have to try all 4 to find the one that goes to the living room.

The same thing can happen at the wall plates inside the coach. So you may have to try all the various combinations.

In the bedroom, the satellite connection may have to be jumpered to the TV feed. The default from the factory is to jumper the cable TV/antenna feed to the TV feed. See the photo below.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Satellite in bedroom.jpg
    Satellite in bedroom.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47

twilliams

Will try some more friday. Something in the LM365 is not right. The dish wired directly to the receiver through the windows works, but I did not get an LM 365 to have a wire running through the window.....It is going to be hit and miss, trial and error to get it to work. I took the wall down and hand tightened all the connections, which were loose. I did the same inside the unit. Tried everyone of the four connections outside. The King and Dish folks suggested a shorter cable run, that did not work either.
I do not plan to give up.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rcnewell11

Check wiring also (rg6 satellite wiring) that goes from slide through frame because there is a barrel connections there also on both slides and all wall plates everywhere and check for pinched wires underneath slides going up through floor.fyi

jbeletti

Rob is on a good track here. Under the Entertainment slide, find where 2 coax cables enter the underbelly area through a hole in the frame. Remove about 6 screws that attach the underbelly material to the frame. Go 3 screws either side of where the coax enters the frame.

Pull down on the underbelly material and reach your hand in and up over the insulation to find the 2 coax cable. Locate the 2 splices and carefully pull them to the edge of the frame. If there's enough slack - pull the splices out of the frame area. Crack the connections apart to inspect the fittings. I've had many coaches with these connections good and a few with poorly crafted F-connectors at these splices. One coax is for your over-the-air antenna and the other is for satellite.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Along with what everyone else has mentioned, I would pull each F-connector and check for any strand of shielding that may be touching the center conductor.
Rob mentioned a good thing to check and that is the barrel connector below the slide. It may be in the underbelly. Check those F-connectors as well.

Peace
Dave

twilliams

image.jpg
This is a picture of the wiring diagram in my UDC. I have it hooked up as it says, living room satellite feed. I do not have a roof mounted dish, it is a king unit sitting on the ground. I looked under the entertainment slide like Jim suggested. I see two sets of cables going into the slide that have black plastic protective flex around them. When I pull that apart it appears to be coax. The wires appear to be going to the living room wall plate. Just not sure where exactly to check for the connections.

Rcnewell11

Twilliams follow those cables under the slide towards the frame and and maybe pull lightly on cable through frame or remove screws where it goes through frame and look for barrel connections and check those .I wonder if u could hook your satellite up there maybe and see if that works on the right cable for your satellite connections if u have barrels connections there through frame.thanks Rob