Satellite/cable hook up

pberg3571

Need a little help. Have a 2011 Landmark Rushmore I just bought. I'm confused about the hook ups, and the dealer can't answer my question. I have a panel marked "Satellite", with two coax jacks. Next to that I have two jacks that are marked "Bed Satellite". Thought one was Satellite, and one was cable. Then I looked to the right and see yer another coax marked "Cable". Can anyone explain these to me? Thanks!

danemayer

Hi pberg3571,

You should have a large printed label either in the UDC or on the cargo door. I've attached one. The 4 coax connectors along the top are satellite. One pair is for the living room and the other pair is for the bedroom. For each pair, the right-hand connector goes to the rooftop and the left-hand goes to the living room or dining room. The ones that go to the rooftop are for installing a rooftop satellite dish. If you were to install the rooftop dish, you'd add a jumper between each left and right pair.

The connector on the rear wall of the UDC is for cable TV.

Attachments

• UDC Label-lrg.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 54
  • Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 36

pegmikef

Hi pberg3571,

You should have a large printed label either in the UDC or on the cargo door. I've attached one. The 4 coax connectors along the top are satellite. One pair is for the living room and the other pair is for the bedroom. For each pair, the right-hand connector goes to the rooftop and the left-hand goes to the living room or dining room. The ones that go to the rooftop are for installing a rooftop satellite dish. If you were to install the rooftop dish, you'd add a jumper between each left and right pair.

The connector on the rear wall of the UDC is for cable TV.

. . . and if you just want to connect a portable satellite antenna like the Dish Tailgater, then just connect the coax to the connector that goes to the living room or bedroom dependent on where your receiver is.