Say Hello To Trevor..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Bobcat,
Glad you finally got him. He looks good. The coloring is alot like Penny our Yorkie. They are lovable dogs but it always amazes me how loud their bark is. Congrats again.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks guys.. It is an experience to go through the training of a pet. I haven't gone through in about 14 years. Need a lot of patience. Got him to walk on a leash a little bit. He is 3 years old and has had no training at all. He has to learn to come, stay, lay down, heal, and get me a beer.:D

Hoping he gets the last one down quicker..:rolleyes:.

BC

jbeletti

Bob,

If you can, use a harness with the little guy. Yorkies are prone to collapsed tracheas. Trevor may be fine in that area but training may go easier for you both with a harness.

Can't wait to see the feller. I need more on-the-road Yorkies! And more cow bell :) (rally pun)

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congratulations Bob & Pat,

Good looking dog and far and away in a much better home now. One thing in your post that I find misleading in the chain of who is boss, my bet is on Trevor, Pat than you comes to my mind. Bring your bundle of joy over to 401 & 402 later today for some doggy treats.

Yeah Bob....Tom is in "Katie" withdrawal...LOL!! Katie misses you Uncle Tom and Aunt Judy!!!

That is one cute puppy...and lucky too! You and Pat will be great "parents":)

Paul & Nan

And now add a Bichon--some of you met Jake in Sedalia--a tad bigger, but so much love. He thought SmokeyBare was his best friend. He was very sick when we got home, better now. Jake, not Smokey. Nan

Tom of Ypsi

I miss Katie too. Bet you can't guess who sent this. Ony four more months before we go to "The Valley" for my Katie fix with 5 lbs of doggie treats.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jim.. I understand about using the collar. I am not jerking or pulling on the collar. I do have a halter and plan to use it when he learns to walk on the leash. I don't have the collar real tight. Just enough so he can not slip his head out. Vet said the collapsed tracheas problem effect him, but I am careful. He is the one that is pulling now I just hold the leash until he gets tired and starts to walk forward.

Nan
Congratulations on your Bichon Jake. We also liked the Bichon but Pat fell in love with the Yorkie. Yes it is all Jim B's fault.

BC

SmokeyBare

This Ol' SmokeyBare Bear gets Doggy fix by having the pleasure of others FurBabies...

Nan... Jake was a very sweet LiL' Guy... thanks for allowing me to share him.

Karen and I do miss the company of our own pet... but the travel times we are away brings us back to the reality that we must wait for our own tail wagging bundle of Love. One day this will change... But till then :) We'll lend our Puppy Luv to all your Critters.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it looks like I got the right dog. :rolleyes:

Now I have a matched pair..:eek:
DSC_1524.jpg

It has been real quiet around here over the last couple of days..:D

truknutt

Committed Member
That's so wrong!!!!

Mama's gonna kick ur butt when she finds out you posted that!! :eek:

Trevor is happy & that's all that matters.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Snoozin

Bobcat, You shouldn't be giving Lin any ideas. :eek: Notice the remote control? This type of situation happens regularly.:D:D

Attachments

• Snoozin.jpg
    Snoozin.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Snoozin before.jpg
    Snoozin before.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 40

Draco Dog

Trevor is a little cutie pie. You don't really think that anyone is the boss except Trevor, do you???? We just retired and have become full-time RVrs. We have a little Bichon Frise. He isn't spoiled, just well loved. We had such a wonderful beauty operator for Draco. Now, being on the road, and our little darling needs a beauty appointment every 6 weeks (more than I get), where do we take him. So, is PetSmart a good place to look for? Any other facility to try? We bought all new equipment to trim and groom Draco ourselves. But the poor little doggie looks so funny after we are done with him, he looks totally embarassed. Did your vet recommend anything special for cleaning his teeth? Good luck with little Trevor, I'm sure you know that he will give you as much love as you give him. Take Care

Cheryl

I took Lily (a yorkie-poo) to Petsmart for her first cut. They did a good job, but it was expensive. So, I bought some pet trimmers at Petco and tried it myself. It takes a little time, but I usually do just as good a job as Petsmart did. I use scissors to trim her legs - she doesn't like the clippers there. When I'm finished she is rewarded with a doggie treat. I read the instruction leaflet, it says to keep the trinmmers well oiled and adjust the "pin" until it just stops making a clicking sound. I do that before every use and they seem to work better. If you try it yourself again, trim him and then go back over him again a few hours later. That should even up all of the fur. My son's girlfriend cuts their yorkie-poo also. It just takes a little bit of practice and patience. As for the teeth, I found these sticks called FunBites CalciBone (Petsmart). They are calcium fortified to strengthen jaws & bones, low fat, high protein. They clean the teeth as the dog chews them. After a few days of one daily, all the tarter was gone. My vet was impressed.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have had Trevor for about two months now and haven't had to take him to a groomer. But we did have him cleaned up at the Petsmart in South Bend In. So far we haven't needed to have him trimmed yet, but probably will by the end of the year.

Where'd ya get the rat?:confused:
Actually Lefty we were looking for a good pet that was small, nice looking, smart and liked to travel.. We thought about you but you didn't fit the bill. LOL :eek:.

Good to see you still on the forum. Hadn't heard from you in some time... Hope your doing well. Would like to see that 5er and TV. Are you finished modifying it??

Loving the lake breeze.
IMG_0338.jpg

Having a good time at Devils Tower.
DSC_2250.jpg