Schwintek rubber slide seal problem

bigdob24

I’ve got a 2018 3560ss
Noticed the seals on the schwintec slides are showing light around the corners.
Too much for my comfort.
Never noticed and moisture leaking in but light means bugs and air can leak in.
Is the way to fix this new weather strips on both sides?
Not sure how one would seal just in the corners.
BT

mlpeloquin

If you want to replace your seals, here are the part numbers. You can find them on Amazon, EBAY, and other sites.
AP Products 018-341 Black EK Slide-Out 1/2" x 2-3/4" x 35' Seal Base w/2" Wiper

AP Products 018-312-EKD D Seal for EKD Base, Black, 1x15/16x35'

Around the lower corners of only one slide, not attached to the slide, but the RV body, I have added one foot of Seal Base with screws to seal up the opening that I could see light through. Asked my RV repair shop about it and they said that is exactly what they do.

bigdob24

Marc
Did you just cut out a foot of the old seal and replace it with a piece big enough to seal the corners?
Im hoping this will be a warantee repair , but courious what it takes to do the repair just in case.
Thanks
BD

pegmikef

If you want to replace your seals, here are the part numbers. You can find them on Amazon, EBAY, and other sites.
AP Products 018-341 Black EK Slide-Out 1/2" x 2-3/4" x 35' Seal Base w/2" Wiper

AP Products 018-312-EKD D Seal for EKD Base, Black, 1x15/16x35'

Around the lower corners of only one slide, not attached to the slide, but the RV body, I have added one foot of Seal Base with screws to seal up the opening that I could see light through. Asked my RV repair shop about it and they said that is exactly what they do.

If you don't need more than eight or ten feet, you can also order it from Heartland Parts and it might be a little cheaper as you can get it by the foot. Here's what they quoted me, but it turned out my warranty covered it. It took a week or so to get it. These are the sizes I needed, but they have different sizes I just wanted to give you an idea of the price per foot.

10790 Seal - D – Black $2.95/lf

10791 Seal - Co Extruded - 2 - w/1/2 Heat Activated Tape – Black $6.05/lf

Attachments

• adhesive strip.jpg
    adhesive strip.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 27