Second ac for 303bh

Ajsegrest

I just purchased a 2022 heartland prowler 303bh. Love the camper but need more ac. Is it prewired for a second? Needing more.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check the breaker box for an extra breaker marked bh or bunk our second AC. Something that would indicate its for the second AC. Also if you have a 30 amp shore cord, most likely it's not set up for a second AC. 50 amp cord, maybe.

Peace
Dave

Ajsegrest

Check the breaker box for an extra breaker marked bh or bunk our second AC. Something that would indicate its for the second AC. Also if you have a 30 amp shore cord, most likely it's not set up for a second AC. 50 amp cord, maybe.

Peace
Dave
Came with a 30 yes, but I know when I bought it that a second ac was an option you can get with it. Just wondering how much of a headache this will be

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are still a few options.
There are portable AC units that stand on the floor, but they take up space. I've seen small window units installed.
My choice would be the RV rooftop model but would need to be wired differently because you are not wired in the ceiling. You would need to run 12 gauge Romex in a plastic stick on conduit (found at any big box building center). Then add a 20 amp RV power inlet in the wall.
You could then run a 12 gauge extension cord to the 15 or 20 amp receptacle at the power pedestal.
I did this in a pop up camper.

Peace
Dave