Self leveling not responding - need help

DWH

We own 2012 Landmark SanAntonio with 4 point self leveling system. There are also two rear stabilizing supports that come down automatically when self leveling is finished. We purchased new in 2011. We have had the unit set up on our own property in the country for the last couple of months. Today we went to move and the self leveling control would not turn on at all. I could get no response. Also switch at front of unit the extends or retracts just the front leveling feet was totally unresponsive. I knew of no way to move camper. No fuses were blown and no breakers appear to be kicked. Ironically I was trying to take camper to local RV dealer for yearly inspection and a little work on water heater. This dealer nor any other local dealer I'm aware of does not make service call. Can anyone help me with this. I know I can manually retract rear stabilizers. But I have no idea how do do anything with hydraulics when the unit won't turn on. I will be calling dealer tomorrow but any suggestions or insites would be most appreciated.
thank you.
DWH

bdb2047

Can you give some more info.Do you have voltage(12v) at control panel,does it lite up,there is a seperate fuse for control panel mine is in front compartment near pump.Are batteries fully charged,will shut down on low voltage.There should be 50a breaker for pump should be auto reset check for voltage both sides of breaker.

jjriker

Harry says he would look for a loose wire at all the connections for the level-up system...the wiring in the front compartment for the level-up. Or it could possibly be the control board.

danemayer

Hi DWH,

One possibility is a dead battery due to no charge getting through from the Power Converter. Try a test: shut off power at the pedestal and see if any of your interior lights still work. If everything goes out, that's your problem.

Correcting the problem may be as simple as resetting one of the 12V DC Mini-circuit breakers near the battery. Take a look at our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. It has pictures and an explanation.

If you need to operate the landing gear manually, here's a link to one of the Lippert documents that describes the manual override. It's not the exact model you have, but operating the motor manually should be the same. When using a drill to operate the pump, one direction is to retract, the other to extend. You have to manually open the correct valve(s) before operating the pump. Locations vary by model and floorplan, so you may have to call Lippert for more specific help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing to check is to look for a battery cut off switch near the battery.
Make sure it is turned on.

Peace
Dave

dbbls59

Like others have stated, I suspect it is a battery problem. However, there is a way to retract the level up system without the battery. At the end of the pump there is a way to make it work with a electric drill. There should have been a flexible extension provided with the unit. On my trailer there is a knock out in the storage compartment that lines up with the end of the pump. Use a screwdriver tip in the extension and place it in the end of the pump. Using the drill, one direction will retract the legs and the other direction will extend them.

DWH

Thank you all. Some definite things to look into. I have lights in camper when disconnected from electric. I am not at my camper at this time. Had to leave to work. As I said I'm on my own property. I will be able to get back to it in a couple of days and I have some places to start looking. I can only say thank you again. I will let you know the fix when I find it so it might help another.
DWH