Sewer smell

v92c

Texan
Is it possible that your smell is coming from the washing machine drain line in the closet? I read somewhere in this forum that some of the RVers had problems with the cap being left off or loose on the drain to the washing machine.

Tony

K

Ken Washington

Hi v92c,
We don't smell anything up in the bedroom, we can tell it starts in the kitchen area. Thanks for the help.
Ken

BigBlue

BigBlue
I replaced my vent valves with one from Ace Hardware. The vent valve origonally in the plumbing didn't have a spring on the valve. I replaced all the vent valves and no more odor.

K

Ken Washington

BigBlue,
Just came from ACE Hardware and put new vent valves on both sinks. Thanks for the advice! Were there any others that I don't know about? You would think that Heartland would spend two more dollors per unit so that we would not have to change them!

John,

When you dump the tanks, do you have the fan or air conditioner on?

I noticed this week when I dumped the tanks, that I forgot and left the gray tank valves open for a day. Whoa. With both ACs on, a lot of air was being sucked in and I was sucking fumes (I assume) from the CG's waste system via my sewer hose and tanks and maybe via the studor valves or even p-traps. Dunno. Shut the valves - no more stink. Same could likely happen with Fantastic fans going and tanks valves open.

Just a guess.

Jim