Shackles are too Shook up...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mor-ryde did have a recall on their RE system at one time. The recall added a bar from the ds to the ods of the axles. If you are not sure if you need it I would call Mor-ryde if you have the RE system. I had it done before I got the IS system.

I found the link to the recall on the suspension. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2154

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

Terry,

That's not the Kit I need for my BigHorn... the one you have listed includeds the Center Equalizer .... Mor-Ryde RE System replaces the equalizer attachment. ( Equalizer 013-122-04) showed in the link you posted.

Ray,

Yes... that kit is for one Axle you will need two sets to do each axle... all 4 springs.

http://dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/3902

Dexter may have a different part number for 2 axle RV's.... I just kept it simple... a phone call to Dexter would answer that question.

Dexter Phone Numbers
Need assistance?
Contact us from 8am-5pm EST (Monday-Friday):
Product Information: (574) 295-7888
Service & Warranty: (574) 295-7888

skyguy

We just did my SOB this weekend... I just replaced the shackles, bushings and bolts/nuts. Cost was pretty good! Look here to see if they might have what you need...

www.esourcetrailerparts.com

Took two of us a little over 4 hours to do both sides - and a lot of that time was spent getting the trailer jacked up then stabilized on blocks so we felt safe under it with no wheels! The actual swap of the shackles didn't take much time. We ran into an issue on the second side with the bolts not lining up very well, we couldn't get the second half of the shackle to fit. We wound up bracing the end of the spring with blocks of wood between the frame and the spring, then pushing up on the bottom of the equalizer with a jack until the holes on the second shackle part lined up properly. Wasted about 45 minutes until we with came up with this "engineering solution"

Al S.