Shopping cart auto park, collision avoidance technology

porthole

Retired
OK, here is a perfect way to waste 2 1/2 minutes of your free time that you will never get back.

On a recent trip to Costco, my dash cam managed to catch multiple shopping carts (the typical large Costco variety) not only self park in the cart corral (1st cart), but avoid parked vehicles as well. One cart, after parking next to a customers car, even waited for a vehicle to pass by before continuing on it's journey (about 1:50).

Best viewed on a bigger screen because of the distance involved.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder if that is the same technology that Ford is using for the 'self-trailer-backerer-upperer' feature :confused:

Lynn1130

Interestingly I have always said that the people who need the exercise the most are the ones who seem to park the shopping carts every place except the racks. Now they have an excuse to ignore the rack.

SNOKING

I fly RC airplanes, a little drone, flying wing and race RC trucks. Never though about building a RC shopping cart!!!!

SNOKING

Hard to get those carts to generate enough lift to get off the ground.

You might be surprised at what will fly, the other day two guys had a made other of Dollar Tree foam board. It was 5 or 6' long and stretched out like supper man. It flew!