Should we get our washer and dryer separate?

We are buying a Bighorn and it comes prepped for the stackable washer/dryer. The dealer has 2 or 3 options that are whirlpool and splendid but the prices seem kinda high. Should we look around and purchase it separately? If so any recommendations on models and places to buy?

Thanks!

Westwind

We are very happy with our Splendide Combo but my wife had said that if they were separate she could be drying while washing and sort of speed up the process, but with 110 for the dryer your not going to speed up much. Whatever you get make sure the dryer is vented.

yport

On our 2nd coach (Big Horn) with the Splendide Combo .. wife loves it and it give us extra closet space above it. No need to be in a hurry to get the wash done...just throw a wash in whenever you head out the to beach or sightseeing :)

Westwind

What Glenn said it true, but my wife doesn't like the winkles. So she is always trying to take stuff out and hang it up so no wrinkles. Wrinkles or no wrinkles it doesn't improve my
looks.

B

Boatman

We too have a Bighorn and love our washer/dryer set. As said be sure to vent the dryer, but also be sure to have a catch basin installed under the washer and vented to the outside. Any problems with overflow will then not get water into your Bighorn. Enjoy however you decide.

Birchwood

we have an 82 lb Danby washer in our Landmark and it does a great job .... we either hang the cloths on our rear rack to
dry or take it to the laundry.
Not interested in the extra weight of a dryer,lint/dust and the heat it generates.

Thanks everyone. So is it a lot cheaper to buy the washer and dryers online or from another source rather than from the dealer?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I ordered our Whirlpools from Lowes during a BIG sale. Got 10% more off for being retired military. Paid less for washer and dryer than a Slendide combo. Did have professional help available for installation though (Thanks Larry Bandstra!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
When I bought my Landmark it already had the stackable washer & dryer at first we were going to have them removed for more closet space as we thought we would not use them but after thinking about it we left them in and I am so glad we did. I love the stackable unit as I can dry clothes and start the next load without waiting for the dryer to stop. Yes the down side is less closet space but I never had it in the first place. There are pro and con with both ways if you want more space get the combo unit if you want to get your wash done in 1/2 the time get the stackable units. Good luck in your decision.

caissiel

We have the Splendid combo for 10 years. Its a no brained the combo is very practical. Just load in and remove. Plus the combo is rated at 13amp and stack dryer is 12amp.

jjriker

We have the Splendide combo and love it. We also have the vented option. As far as wrinkles, we don't really have too much of a problem. I have found the key is to not stuff it full and take the clothes out right when it finishes drying. On those days when we aren't there right when it gets done, we just run the dryer a few minutes more before taking our wash out.

travlingman

We got stackables in our Landmark, vented to outside and will not have another rig without them. It allows us to take fewer clothes on a trip as you can always wash a load during the evening.

As far as which brand, the next will be Splendide. We got Whirlpool this time and we will never have a Whirlpool appliance again. Needed to have a service call under warranty and it was a nightmare. Whirlpool couldn't find a repair person on their list who would service an RV. They said that in the warranty it says they don't have to since it is stacked and in a closet. It would be my responsibility to remove them outside the RV and have power and water for washer. I had a mobile RV repair fix it instead.

Also, if dealer installing make sure you are getting a new washer and dryer and not one they claim is. I want go into my experience on this.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have had both the combo and separates. We love the separates because you can wash a load while another load is drying. Speeds things up.