Shower Door, Bottom Seal torn - How To Replace Seal

Fixer

I have a 2014 North Trail 22RBK and the corner shower's door has a silicone seal that slides in and out of the track. The seal is torn and I can't figure out how to take the seal out to replace it. I suspect the door has to come off and the lower hinge has to be removed as it covers the slide opening. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced a bottom shower door seal from the aluminum frame on a shower door? Any help is appreciated as it seems a waste to have to tow the trailer a long distance to a dealer to fix a non warranty item that should be easy to fix.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know exactly what style of door you have, but on my shower door the wiper just pulls out.
If you have a wipe on the top of the door you can install it on the bottom.
Do you know how the seal got torn?
If the frame of the enclosure needs adjustment, you will see the bottom of the door or wipe drag on the bottom rail. Take a look.
If it is dragging and wearing the wipe, there is a way to adjust the frame of the shower enclosure.

Peace
Dave

Fixer

I thank you very much. I was told that the seal would slide out, but you were more accurate as it pulls down and out. I did indeed find the other seal at the to and just installed it in the bottom track. You saved me hours of aggravation, Thanks Much.

mbopp

I emailed SEA Enclosures to see if I could buy a new seal, they sent me one gratis along with instructions on adjusting the door.