Shower Door Problem

Two Hands

I have a 2007 Big Horn 3055RL. On the "latch" side, as opposed to the hinged side, of the glass shower door there is a narrow, black rubber-like seal running from the top to the bottom near the edge of the door. The CEO found a half inch or so piece of that strip on the floor. The strip had slid down and the door could not be closed. I slid the strip back up and pushed the small piece in below the strip temporarily holding it in place. The small piece is irregular shaped as though it were broken or is that the way it was made. I can't figure out how else the strip is held in place. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

vangoes

TwoHands,
My 07 3055 is exactly like that. At first I also thought the strip had broken but if you look, there is a short piece at the top identical to the bottom; so, I believe the short pieces are inserts to keep the longer strip in place.

5erWonk

Mine is exactly the same and it easily slid back in place. I put a drop of all purpose glue on the bottom to keep it in place.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I believe that strip is the magnet that holds the door closed. There must be a metal strip buried in the alminum frame for it to hold.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I believe that strip is the magnet that holds the door closed. There must be a metal strip buried in the alminum frame for it to hold.
on edit, :eek: there is an opposing magnet strip on the shower door opening that contacts the strip on the door. I saw it this morning.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mine did the same thing. I put glue on the long magnet strip and glued the small retainers in place. I did cuss for about an hour before I figured out why the door would not open. Work great now. Bob:D:D