shower faucet fixture upside down?

sunseeker

:confused: Early 2011 3250TS Big Country. Shower faucet fixture is installed such that the hose to the shower head is on top and faucets turn from horizontal to down to turn on. Any reason the fixture can't be reversed or needs to be like this?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
:confused: Early 2011 3250TS Big Country. Shower faucet fixture is installed such that the hose to the shower head is on top and faucets turn from horizontal to down to turn on. Any reason the fixture can't be reversed or needs to be like this?

Sunseeker, our Bighorn was the same way. I was able to reverse it and then change the knobs over to the opposite sides. You may have different faucet knobs or lever but it can still be done.

scotty

Same as Ray, easy to swap, just remove panel directly below faucet. unscrew and turn upside down so hose comes out of bottom, swap knobs and carry on. Now, having done that with mine, I did it because of a leak and it turned out the leak was from around the panel. I mention this because I recommend after you do this run a bead of caulk around panel.