Shower water flow pitiful

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We bought a "Oxygenizer-type" shower head also then also removed our pressure reducer. This greatly improved our shower experience. The 50 PSI max has never been a problem YET at any CG plus it also effects the flow less than 50 PSI to my finding. I keep my reducer in the hold if ever needed.

Also check the age of your inline water filter......

jbeletti

I too used the holder that came with the RV, to hold the Oxygenics shower head. I did not use the comfort control valve that came with the Oxygenics. Still, I found that while traveling, the weight of the Oxygenics makes the holder slide down to the bottom-most point.

Once at camp, I slide it up and it stays. This shower head is not for everyone for sure. But I miss mine already and I am between RVs right now. Hope you're enjoying it Terry and Carol :)

Gonna have to grab me one from Camping World in my travels or get one from Coil-n-Wrap at the Nashville rally.

I had water pressure at a few campgrounds last year where this shower head did a great exfolliation on my skin :eek:

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JB, get a portable sand blaster. They REALLY help getting rid of dead skin. They help remove warts, moles and freckles. BTW, have you noticed the big wart with hair growing out of it on your nose.....just saying. Kenny.:p:p

We bought the Oxygenics from Coil-N-Wrap last year at the rally in Goshin, and we both love it. In fact we are thinking about getting one for the home also. Great water pressure and flow.

Things to look for

Hello All,
I recently bought my new 2009 Big Country 3490 RB and one of the first things I noticed that was an improvment for me was the water pressure in the shower.

It was great flow and I have no complaints about it so far. But what you might want to look for in your RV's is that many campgrounds do not have the cleanest water supplies. It's not uncommon to have particulate in the water that makes it's way to your faucets and shower heads. I have not had any problems in this RV, but the last 3 RV's I have owned, there was always buildup of debris, sand, calcium etc...in the strainers and shower heads. If you keep them clean, you should see increased water pressure and flow.

Also, take the time to research and buy a high flow high volume pressure regulator. That will make the flow better as well.

I'm enjoying the new RV and will for many years.

Good Luck to all.....

Scott

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I just ordered one tonight from CW. Does anyone know if it will adapt to a house shower? The shower in my bunk house at the farm has really low pressure and if it will work , I'll order another one.

jimtoo

It should just screw right on the fitting... I think almost all the shower hose connectors are about the same. Just be sure you use the correct washer in the hose, if your replacing another shower head with hose. I think they come with a thin and a thicker one. If your replacing the head up on the wall, they come with a 1/2" standard pipe thread fitting and holder for the head. I have had one in my house for 7 years or so.. I love it... my wife hates it.. to much pressure in the stick house, but she loves it in the Bighorn with 45-50 lbs pressure. Also the white plastic one works just as good and is lighter if you want one for the RV.

I also think they are available at Lowes, Homedepot and even Walmart

Jim M

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Jim, thanks for the info. Just recieved mine and see that it will change out just find in both cases. Now just need a chance to get out in the BH.