Silverado 37 QB or Elkridge 37 Ultimate? What's the big difference?

Yo2001

Hi, we are just about to be a member of Heartland RV owners but we have couple questions. We've nailed out our choice down to Silverado 37 QB or Elkridge 37 ultimate. We have got the price of both and it's just about the same for both. (slightly more for Silverado) So what's the big difference? Is Silverado better built because it's a Big Horn coach? From looking at Silverado today, I found it has 3 TV's (one real big one in the living room), a door to the master bedroom, a closet for stackable washer and dryer, and a ladder for the bunks. The Elkridge that we are looking at has one TV in the living room, a slide to the master bedroom, the washer/dryer goes in the closet (I'm guessing only combination washer/dryer can fit in there) and no ladder in the bunkroom. However, Elkridge has a microwave in the outside kitchen but with a bumper mounted grill rather than slide out one like the Silverado. We have only seen the elkridge on the web not in real person yet.

So I guess my questions are

1. Does Elkridge come with two more TV's and a ladder like Silverado?
2. Can I use separate washer and dryer in the Elkridge?
3. Is there any difference that we have not or cannot see in structure or any other parts of the rv's?

I think that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have any more to come. Thanks in advance

jimtoo

Hi Yo2001,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think both are pretty much the same construction, frame, walls and such. The difference is going to be the appointments inside. But to make sure on the TV's, ladder and washer dryer question, I would call Heartland and ask for the Silverado area to confirm about the TV's and such. I would not depend on your dealer to answer the question for you, unless you get on the phone with Heartland and dealer at the same time.

Let us know if you have more questions and hope to see you in a Heartland at a rally.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The ElkRidge and Silverado are not built on the same line, so there may be differences in construction. You can call HL and ask for the GM for each and find out what the differences are. The Silverado line was originally called Silverado by Bighorn, yet it was not equally equipped as a Bighorn. Silverado has evolved and is its own distinct brand. I think it carries the look and feel of a Bighorn, but not the same "full-time rated" features as one.

Good luck in your search! We love our ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo2001

Thanks. I called HL and they said those are like Chevy and GMC. Not much is different other than some decors. We are leaving tomorrow to take a look at the Elkridge. Hoping to bring it home.

Gaffer

The Bighorn (including the Silverado) is a full profile fiver with a drop frame giving your basement a lot more storage space.

TravelTiger

The Bighorn (including the Silverado) is a full profile fiver with a drop frame giving your basement a lot more storage space.

Actually, according to pics on HL website, the Silverado does not have a drop frame.

Yo2001

Well, as we speak, we are camping out in our Elkridge 37 ultimate for the first time. We like the outside kitchen on the Elkridge better because it has a microwave. Only came with one tv in the living room but those can be added in the future. So far, not a problem with the camper. Knocking on wood.

TravelTiger

The Silverado dosen't roll off the Bighorn line?

Not to my knowledge. Bighorn, Big Country and Landmark are on the same line. When we were there at the factory in June last year, I did not see any Silverados under construction, but looking back at my photos, I saw pre-constructed ElkRidge wall units waiting for assembly, and Silverado walls were also in the mix. ElkRidge/Silverado and Sundance/Prowler are constructed in a different building than the LM, BH,BC.

Erika

TravelTiger

Didn't they used to be "Silverado by Bighorn"? Or am I just suffering from CRS?

Yes. IMHO this was a marketing move, to improve the Bighorn market share numbers.

I believe Keystone has named a few lines with "Montana" in their names (Montana Moutaineer, Montana, Montana High Country, and even Big Sky by Montana) -- I'm sure to capitalize on reputation.