Simple Towel Rack

Go-Fly

A simple towel rack. If this is in the wrong place, I'm sure it will be moved. I need a towel rack in the bathroom of my 3760. Not a hard thing to do? Wanted some blind hole brackets to go on top of the shower door. They have a set screw installed on the end to hold the pipe that will be part of the towel rack. Had to use counter sink bolts to clear the shower doors. Will have them painted with zinc first then flat black to match the door housing. Will finish this tomorrow.
5th wheel 7 006.jpg 5th wheel 7 004.jpg5th wheel 7 007.jpg5th wheel 7 009.jpg5th wheel 7 010.jpg

Go-Fly

So last night I painted the top brackets and stained the wood bottom base. Today I drilled 1/2" holes in some stainless steel 3/4"pipe. Made two the same. These will be the uprights for the towel rack. I'll cut some 1/2" SS pipe for the cross members.

5th wheel 7 011.jpg5th wheel 7 012.jpg

Attachments

• 5th wheel 7 004.jpg
    5th wheel 7 004.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 101

Go-Fly

Bolted the top brackets on the shower door frame. The uprights slide into the brackets but first I had to put all the cross members in the holes. Tighten up the set screws so the stay in place. Put the uprights in the holes that I drilled in the wood base and screw the wood base to the cabinet. The wife wanted brushed stainless to match the faucet. And just like that you have a simple ladder rack, towel holder. It's small and out of the way but, keeps you from hanging the towels over the door frame. The bath towels were hung up behind the toilet. I like a place for everything and everything in its place.

5th wheel 8 002.jpg5th wheel 8 003.jpg5th wheel 8 004.jpg5th wheel 8 006.jpg5th wheel 8 007.jpg

VKTalley

That looks nice! I agree, a place for everything and everything in place. Thank you for sharing this towel rack idea.

SNOKING

Great job, I like it. Patent pending???? I will do mine with a heated unit, as to not infringe on your patent application.

Starting point! We have used a brass version of this for years in the SB. Given that we are about to go full time this would be very helpful. Chris

Go-Fly

Great job, I like it. Patent pending???? I will do mine with a heated unit, as to not infringe on your patent application.

Starting point! We have used a brass version of this for years in the SB. Given that we are about to go full time this would be very helpful. Chris

It's funny you mentioned the heated part. I'm modifying my heating vent in the bathroom to be under the bath towels and cutting in a new one under the towel rack by the sink. We have a set-back t-stat that comes on at 6am to reheat the trailer. The warm air will make the towels all nice and warm. Nothing better then getting out of the shower on a cold day and grabbing a warm towel. Will be down south this winter. Not sure how much we will be running the heat down there.lol
I already have done and sold my share of patents, you can have this one.:D

- - - Updated - - -

That looks really Awesome.
Thank you. The same thing could be done out of wood also.