Sleep Number Mattress

lukeysh

We are considering purchase of a Landmark Newport. We use a sleep number mattress and our current RV the unit sits in a cubby in the slide. On the Newport, the under bed only goes half way back and there is no space between bedframe and slide wall to slide the unit into. What have others done about placement of the air controller unit.

danemayer

Hi lukeysh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Heartland Family.

I think at least one other owner who got a Sleep Number Mattress put the air controller under the bed platform with the hose(s) coming out the side(s).

Niles

We have a 3670RL and under our bed is worthless. It has about 2 inches of space, not sure why they even put a lift on the bed. However under that is some space, so I built a box that slides with the bed and put a extra plug for the controller in it, that part is easy as we have a plug on both sides of our bed so I just hooked up to one of those used very little wire. I cut holes in the box for the hoses to run to the front of the bed and come out at the headboard. It works great, out of sight and we also have some extra storage under the bed now. Not sure what camper you have and if this will work for you, but I know the bed is great ZZZZZZZZZZZ u later.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have a Landmark Key West and added the Sleep Number Mattress. I placed the air controller under the bed and ran the electrical cord between the bed frame and the floor to the plug at the side of the bed. I drilled a 2" hole in the bed platform near the edge near the hinges. I had already placed vinyl tiles on the bed platform so the mattress would slide to make it easier to make. The air hoses come through the hole and across the solid bed platform under the mattress to the connections. There is enough slack in the air hoses that you can lift the bed platform to get under the bed or slide the mattress down to make the bed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We added a sleep number mattress to our ElkRidge. If you remove the bed platform entirely, you can probably find a place to drill holes large enough to route the air hoses. We have ours coming out at the head of the bed in the corner of the platform, and our controller is under the bed ... Though our space under there is fairly deep, it's blocked about two feet wide through the center to cover the electric slide ram.

We don't have plugs on the bed base, so we added a hole on the side to run the cord to the plug by the closet door. I used Command adhesive cord-minder clips to hold the cord out of the way of someone getting in bed, and we make sure to unplug it before moving the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

In our Landmark Key Largo, the air controller is in the storage area under the bed platform, with holes drilled as needed to route the hoses to the bladders at the foot of the bed. The power cord was run between the platform side board and floor (which I'm not crazy about) and plugged into an outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk