Slide Awning seems to be sagging.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can the slide awnings be tightened so that they don't sag in the middle? Mine have started to sag.

2psnapod2

Thanks Terry, but I was looking from more of a way to adjust than to prop up our sag. I am sure that when they install them they have to adjust them. When my slides are out the sag is getting pretty big.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There's nothing in the installation manual about adjusting the fabric tension, Mike. You might try contacting Dometic (or whoever the brand is) for some guidance. I get the impression that the roller is spring loaded, just like a main awning roller, to take up the fabric during retraction. Could be the spring is loosing it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
During a repair visit the tech noticed my big slide topper had some baggy fabric, when the slide was in.

Somehow he got up and wound the lever at the end to correct it. I wasn't paying much attention, so I'm not sure exactly what he did.

It took the saggy fabric in and it seemed more taut when it was put out. Trace

jnbhobe

During a repair visit the tech noticed my big slide topper had some baggy fabric, when the slide was in.

Somehow he got up and wound the lever at the end to correct it. I wasn't paying much attention, so I'm not sure exactly what he did.

It took the saggy fabric in and it seemed more taut when it was put out. Trace

You can do that if you know what your doing, you have to pin the spring so it don't take off and take your hands with it. You should also know how many turns are on the spring, too tight will cause problems also.

2psnapod2

Thanks guys, I guess I will have to make this one of those gotta look ats, right after we get settled after my retirement. Might be something similar to a garage door.