Slide damaging floor

SMinter

2014 Sundance XLT 285ts. Doorside slide out is very large. When retracted (in) during travel, the inside edge of the slide floor appears to be sagging down so that it rubs on the coach floor. This is making a wear spot on the floor and I expect soon will have the finish rubbed off and eventually a hole in the floor covering (linoleum). Not sure even adjustment can correct this as there is so much sag in the slide floor. Not that much room to raise the slide. Is this a common problem?

Lynn1130

This seems to be a fairly common problem (I had it too). A search here will bring up some who have had this issue. I am assuming that this is a new, still under warranty rig, and if so should be done by the dealer's service dept. or a shop that has the equipment to remove and adjust the slide. In my case they also had to replace the carpet which was damaged by the out-of -adjustment slide. You, too, may need flooring replaced.

SMinter

Still in warranty (10 months old) but dealer says Heartland will not cover slide room adjustments after 90 days.

Jim Posz

Personally, I think it would be worthwhile for you to contact Heartland Customer Service directly with your problem. I don't know your dealer, but they may be wanting to use the company as an excuse to not deal with the situation.

danemayer

Still in warranty (10 months old) but dealer says Heartland will not cover slide room adjustments after 90 days.

The dealer may be thinking of the "minor adjustment" note in the warranty:

"for a period of ninety (90) days, minor adjustments to components, including, but not limited to, adjustments to the interior or exterior doors, LP regulator pressure, cabinet latches and TV antenna control, will be performed by the dealer free of charge to the retail customer for a period of ninety (90) days from the original retail purchaser taking possession of the
unit
."

But I don't think I would call this a minor adjustment, even though it may be a simple adjustment.

I would suggest that you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Describe the problem with the floor and ask if they have any idea what might be causing it and what the remedy might be. They will probably tell you that the slide needs to be adjusted. At that point you can ask if that's covered by your warranty. If they agree, then you can ask them to contact the dealer to authorize the warranty work since the dealer doesn't seem to understand the warranty.

Lynn1130

Mine was done outside of 90 days but within the year. There was no hassle with the dealer or Heartland about repairs. I would follow the previous suggestion to call Heartland directly. I think your contact at the dealer may be confused about warranty coverage.

I had to pull the maintenance files to be sure but my repair was done 9 months after the purchase. I had originally taken it to a repair place other than the dealer. I use this shop because they are 20 miles and an 1/2 hour freeway drive closer but they did not have a forklift big enough to remove the slide so I took it back to La Mesa. It took them a month, mainly because it was during "snowbird" season but they took care of it with no questions asked.

ksmith555

Our repair facility was told it would not be covered either, but he did the minor adjustment free of charge. I also now use pieces of cardboard under each roller under our kitchen slide as the flooring seemed to be stretching from the rollers. We haven't noticed any marks/stretching since then.

SMinter

I guess I should do an update on this issue, especially because it is very interesting. I did in fact contact Heartland Customer Service and they were baffled by the problem. Finally a supervisor called me as asked if the floor was not carpted in the area I was talking about. I assured him is was just linoleum. He then sent me a floor plan showing where there was supposed to be carpet and again, I told him mine was not that way. Turns out the design is for the floor area where the inside end of the slide rests during travel is supposed to be carpeted to "cushion" the slide floor at that point. Apparently for unknown reasons, mine did not get carpeted. Since I discovered this shortly before my scheduled departure to cooler climates for the summer, Heartland shipped the new carpet directly to me at my summer home and I have now taken the trailer and carpet back to Tucson to the dealer where they will be installing it. I still can't believe my bad luck on this. I am somewhat concerned about how all this will come out. Hate having to do major modes at a dealers shop.

wdk450

There are manuals with adjustments on the various slideout systems in use by Heartland on this website. Go to the top of any forum page, click on "tools" then "Manuals -> Slide_Outs -> Rooms -> Lippert ". (assuming your slide is Lippert ).