Slide issue

I just bought a new 2023 Heartland Gravity and the 3 slides quit working. I have 13.68 volts on both sides of the breakers and the same on the fuses. Everything else seems to work fine with or without the 120v electric cable hooked up. Any ideas?

rhodies1

Are the slides hydraulic or electric operated. When you push the button/s for the slides do you hear any noise from a motor or pump.

rhodies1

Sounds like you have a tripped or dead relay switch. They are located in your front compartment somewhere. Lift the red rubber boots up and see if one of the relays is tripped. It may have a little black button protruding out the side of the relay. If you find a relay with this button push it in a see if it resets. Start with this. If not then you will have to find out which wires are for the slides and replace the relay. They are cheap and easy to get at Napa etc. let us know how you make out

Sounds like you have a tripped or dead relay switch. They are located in your front compartment somewhere. Lift the red rubber boots up and see if one of the relays is tripped. It may have a little black button protruding out the side of the relay. If you find a relay with this button push it in a see if it resets. Start with this. If not then you will have to find out which wires are for the slides and replace the relay. They are cheap and easy to get at Napa etc. let us know how you make out
I have already checked those. There are nine of them. 13.68. Volts on the line side of all of them and 13.68 V on the load side of all nine.

Dahillbilly

have you checked the voltage at the switch itself. Most likely has a shared positive wire to each switch.

No power at motors. After a lot of messing around I got the slides to work. When I brought the new RV home, I set it up in the yard and the next day the battery was dead. Looked around for something that was left on and found the 12v water pump switch in the on position. Turned it to the off position. Plugged the RV into 120v source. A couple days later I went to retract the slides and they didn't work along with the indicator lights on the tanks and battery levels. Also the water pump not working. Thought I then had a blown fuse or tripped 12v breaker, and probably a burnt-up water pump. Couldn't find any issues there but I saw 1 fuse position didn't have a fuse in it. The index said that position was for a rear awning and since it didn't have a rear awning I figured that's why no fuse. After many weeks of trying to figure this out, for some reason I turned the water pump switch to the on position and the slides will now work. Water pump didn't. Turned the water pump to the off position and slides quit working. Water pump won't work with the switch in either position. Decided to get a fuse and put it in the open spot. Water pump in the off-position runs, in the on position won't run. Slides work now. Afterward I pulled the fuse labeled slides, and they still work. Hope my dealer has a better electrician than the guy who wired it.