Slide leak

yepuhuh

I got to tell ya, it is very hard to determine where rain water is coming in.

On our door side slide out, all the way to the rear left, we have had wet carpet under the couch. I thought I found where it was coming in but after sealing what I thought it was, it got wet again after a good rain.

It is such a PIA to have spent good money on one of these and to find out the Quality is somewhat lacking. We've already had the dealership repair a leak due to bad rubber on the refridgerator side. ANd I've had to repair plumbing leaks because of that cheap water pipe.

I'm thinking my leak is somehow coming down the wall and seeping underneath to get on the carpet. I got to find it and fix it before the floor rots out and then we have a piece of junk.

Any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same floor plan and year as well as the same water leak. So this might help.
What I found on mine is that the window next to the couch was leaking. I don't know exactly where it was leaking.
But what I did was remove the caulk on the top of that window and then caulked the top and both sides of the window.
No more wet carpet.
I did this on the opposite window as well, just because.
I check all around the inside of the coach after most rains looking for anything wet. That was the only spot I found. I continue to do that.

Peace
Dave