Slide Leaking on my Sundance !!!

Stinger381

Came home today from my trip to Clemson, S.C. and had to drive through the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee on my way back to Alabama. Mind you it was just simple rain some heavy at times but pretty much constant. When I got home I let the main slude out in the living room to find the carpet soaking wet. Apparently the road water came up through the underside of the slide and penetrated the inside of the coach. I don't think this should have happened at all ? Is there some place I should check under the slide ? I know this can't continue tocan get me some happen or else I'm going to see problems with the floor ? Any suggestions ?

Then to make matters just a little bit worse my cabinet above the sink opened on the way home and spilled my Corelle dishes out on the floor and most of them broke. I think I can get me some child locks and keep that from happening again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should not be getting any water inside when you travel. Take a look under the slide to make sure that the rubber seals are making contact. One other thing to look for is that on each end of the coach end of the slide there should be a triangular piece of rubber mounted. This piece is important to have for preventing the exact problem you are having.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Corelle ware is nice but I would not put heavy dishes in an upper cupboard. If you need to...then put the child locks on or use "ponytail" rubber bands around the knobs. If your trailer rocks that much in travel then I would remove the glass plate from the micro also. Best advise is keep all heavy items in the lowest drawers. Dont know if this is your 1st 5vr but....they are a rolling earthquake. So keep that in mind when you load things. We lost the micro door glass because we left the glass plate in it. If the plate breaks its cheaper to replace the micro than the plate.

I would get the coach back to your dealer ASAP. Winter is coming and probably more rain. All JMHO.

ptillett

We just had the same problem on our Sundance. All the slides leaked and two out of three roof vents, but it was worst at the back of the living room slide. I saw the other leaks. Put fans on them and mopped up what I could. Just today (three days later), I noticed that there was water under the love seat. And a lot of it. I had to use a hoover carpet vac to get the water up. It filled half the receiving tub. Not good!

I need to figure this one out. Any suggestions?

I will take it to a shop if I have to but that is $$ $$. :)