slide pinion gear and rack

Capt7383

we have a 2014 Big Country model 3070re. We started having a problem with the drivers side slide, upon inspection I noticed several broken teeth on the pinion gear. We took the camper in to a local RV dealer and them replace the pinion gears. I am now told that the rack gear is out of alignment and they do not have the capacity to repair that. Anybody else have this issue? Should I contact Heartland or lippert?
I don't know what to do, need some advice

jbeletti

I suggest you contact Lippert. There's a way to resynchronize the gear pack, but I'm not familiar with it.

davebennington

we have a 2014 Big Country model 3070re. We started having a problem with the drivers side slide, upon inspection I noticed several broken teeth on the pinion gear. We took the camper in to a local RV dealer and them replace the pinion gears. I am now told that the rack gear is out of alignment and they do not have the capacity to repair that. Anybody else have this issue? Should I contact Heartland or lippert?
I don't know what to do, need some advice

We had the same problem with our Landmark. My first suggestion would be stay away from service techs that want to "modify, drill, weld" in order to "fix" the problem. If you are breaking gear teeth on the gear pack that is the power side next to the ram, it is possible that the slide is going out to far. The off door slide is a roller slide and does not drop down like the door side slide which is a pan slide.

If the tube that the rack slides in is arched, you have to make it flat again before you try to make any adjustments. Once the tube is flat you can try to adjust it.

Here is the Lippert slide instructions. Link

If you have any questions Email me at dyocum881@yahoo.com

dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt7383

Thank you both very much for your response, I have an appointment with our local camping world to look at it. I can fix a lot of things but this ain't one of them. I just don't understand the mechanics of it

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are several You Tube videos as well. Here is a link to one of them. [LINK]
If you can turn a wrench you can adjust a slide.

Peace
Dave