slide topper

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's an awning that extends from the side of the coach above the slide and is attached to the edge of the slide. When the slide is extended so is the awning.
They provide relief from the heat of the sun as well as keeping debris and water off the top of the slide.
Are they worth it? I think so. Got em on this rig and had em on the last rig.
How much? Don't know, but if you go to A&E's web site or google it you may get an idea.
They can be installed after market or put on at the factory when a coach is ordered.

Peace
Dave

Urban350

I have them also and would not be without them. About the price I am not sure but the factory is cheaper.

Birchwood

I have seen Rv's without the toppers and they look incomplete.All the expensive motorhomes in our
park have toppers so they are definately a high end option.I have them on our Landmark
and can't imagine not having them.

danemayer

I have them on our Landmark and I'm not missing cleaning leaves and other stuff off the slides before closing them. I also don't worry about water getting dragged in with the slide, to whatever extend it might.

On the other hand, when it's very windy, the toppers can flap and make noise, and snow can be more of a problem. I use plastic baskets to deal with snow. Others use pvc supports, beach balls, and other devices to provide support in difficult conditions.

jbeletti

I've had them on the last 5 coaches and would not have a coach without them. On my first coach, my budget was the most limited and I got the slide toppers instead of a second AC unit.

There are a few times a year where when positioned just right to the wind, they will flap on me. But to never have to get up there and clean the slide roofs off - priceless :)

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've never had them, don't have them now BUT! If I were to buy another RV of any type, I would have them installed when built. Prior to this 5th wheel we were occasional weekend campers. Now we spend a minimum of 7 months a year i the rig. A worthwhile investment I think. I think an average cost for 3 slides would be about $1000.00

loafer

We had ours installed by the dealer when we bought it. I think we paid approx $450.00 installed. We would not be without it keeps pine needles and debris from trees off the top of the slide. also being on the west coast we get a fair amount of rain so pulling the slide in dry is nice .

I also feel there is some resale value as well .
JMHO
Bill

Fire90

I put one on my Trail Runner. Love it. Purchased it thru PPLmotorhomes.com. They had the best price that I found. It's a Carefree (162 inch) and was $460 shipped to my house. Installed it myself in aprox. 3 hours with help.