slider hitch, one more time

jnbhobe

I've got the pullrite, had the husky slider, never used it but was out of the truck a hundred times to check the clearance.I've got rails in both mine and wifes trucks. The superglide will pay for it self wiht one cab ding and a rear window.

CGibson

We have a Megacab 3500 but not a dually. We have a BH 3400RE on order. We are going to get a manual slider just to be on the safe side.

Megacab beds are not shorter than the standard short bed on a quad cab. They are the same bed. This is my 2nd Megacab.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey C,
you might want to check out that auto slider from Pullrite. I have researched it thoroughly and works even when going forward for tight turns. I have the short bed crew cab. jnphobe i appreciate the support. I am so stoked about finally getting on the road.

fivernine

I have had two sliders with my previous fiver and both were clunky, noisy, grinding pieces of iron. And heavy. But I was convinced I needed them. Fact is, I have never needed to go 90 degrees even in the tightest campground. When you back in, do it slowly and in stages. If you are new at it, get out, look around, move a bit, get out and look around again. Don't worry what the neighbors are thinking, learn your rig. This is not a time to be cool. Have someone spot for you. If you are alone, any neighbor camper will be glad to help. And teach. The long-timers taught me a lot. Watch the rear for swing and obstacles and the front of your truck for obstacles across the road. Take it in stages. Each time you look around, revise your spatial memory; make a new mental picture of the situation. Remember, the whole idea is to place the camper wheels on the path they need to follow. Everything else is clearance. Scratch a path in the gravel if you need to, then follow it. In the beginning, you might ask the campground for an onside space (where you back in to the left instead of the right) rather than offside. That way you can see your camper wheels and the path they are following. Once you get the sense of it, try offside.

Now, regarding this new design by Heartland, this is first class ingenuity! I've got ten patents and I've read yours; nice going guys! The two scalloped corners work beautifully! I have replaced my most recent slider with a light, tight B&W. Lowered my bed weight by over 200 lb. (I'll post them for sale soon.) This 39' Landmark wheels around as smooth as silk almost to 90 degrees with my 2007 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab and standard box (6.5'). If I need any more angle than that, I'm in the wrong campground. Remember: Stages. A little at a time.