Slider hitch or Not

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is not so much "will" you hit the cab, it is "when will" you hit the cab. Chris

Last fall when I was at the Chevy dealership where I bought my truck getting an oil change before our pull to the Las Vegas Rally there was a 2015 or 2016 Chevy 2500HD short box in front of me while we were both signing in.

His back window was smashed out, along with some cab damage.

I overheard him telling the service guy that he did that with his 5th-wheel trailer.

I didn't get a chance to talk with the guy or take a closer look at his truck before it was whisked away to the body shop and he had a ride to take him home.

He had a tonneau cover over the bed so I didn't get a look at his hitch, either.

Restofrank

It is not so much "will" you hit the cab, it is "when will" you hit the cab. Chris

Thank you for the great advice. I was told by several people that I didn't need a sliding hitch but, I went ahead and ordered a B&W Companion Sliding Hitch for my Ford Super Duty because I have the factory puck in the bed, for the extra $400 for the hitch, it's cheap insurance of not damaging my cab.

Frank