Slight Change in Lifestyle

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
After much deliberation, Lin & I have decided to buy a Summer Home. A lot of the decision is due to us being tied to Wisconsin Rapids so I can keep tabs on my Mom. Since we spend the summer here and pay lot rent for an RV Park, we thought why not just invest in a small home. We did. It's a cute little 2BR cottage with a new 2 car garage, in town on almost an acre. It has excellent access and parking for the Bighorn. Our mortgage, taxes and insurance are less than lot rent. Since we're no longer full time, we can now be called "anytimers" I guess. Once I shrink a couple pictures, I'll post them. We close Friday.

Attachments

• 2 from power line.jpg
    2 from power line.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2 From street. Lot goes almost to that trailer on left.jpg
    2 From street. Lot goes almost to that trailer on left.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Bighorn parking spot.jpg
    Bighorn parking spot.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

jimtoo

Congratulations Ray and Lin,

I'm sure you will enjoy your new home. Sounds like it's a win win situation.

Jim M

Tom of Ypsi

Congrats on the new home and it looks like you have enough room for several 50amp, sew and water hookups for a small rally. Good luck and enjoy yourselves hope to see you on the road again. .

Dave012

Looks like a really nice set up. Now you'll have to start house mods ... 50 amp recepticle ...

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nice Ray. Congratulations. Looks like you have enough room for a half dozen or so rigs. Maybe a nice place for a local rally?

Mark

jayc

Legendary Member
Rally at Ray's house, rally at Ray's house....Congrats on your decision Ray.

If you're coming south for the winter, we miss you at the Spring rally.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Congratulations on getting the new house. We will be looking for the 50/30 amp site with water and a dog park.. LOL

Just one question... Does the city have a code about the parking of RV's on your property. The city we lived in had a code would not let you park an RV on your property.

BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Nothing wrong with being an 'Anytimer' as that is what we are. Nice to have a place to come home to but even better to be "on the road again"

jwalker1

Ray and Lin,

Congrats....We are currently anytimers too.....I am still working but we do a lot of camping in the driveway. I had an additional 500 Gal Septic, Water, and a 50AMP service put in at my house and we usually party in the Cyclone on Friday/Saturday nights. I live out in the country here in Texas because all of the subdivisions down this way have HOA's.......If you know what I mean (pay $300,000 for a house and can't do anything without their approval). Again, congrats and hope to meet up on the road sometime.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just one question... Does the city have a code about the parking of RV's on your property. The city we lived in had a code would not let you park an RV on your property.
BC
No, actually, the neighbors on either side of us both have RV's. In fact, and this is a real coincidence, the neighbor just to our north used to work for the RV dealer we bought from. AND, he's the one we did our PDI with! How cool is that??? My own personal RV technician.

One thing too about being anytimers, it will be much much easier for us to head out at any time. The rig will be ready to roll. All we have to do is pack a few things to wear and food and head out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So now you can travel "light" and not haul a ton of stuff. With ours "parked" as it is, about the only thing we haul are the cats and our butts. Along with Dar's entire collection of scrapbooking equipment and accoutrements. You're always welcome at our campfire.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
It's a beautiful home. In life we learn we have to be flexible.. Much happiness in your new home.