Sloppy plumbing construction

Magezine

Bought 2021 Mallard 27 from Camping World (Indy) in January. (THAT was an experience and they don't take kindly when you decline to finance with them. Tried to charge me 18.5% on a 30k/12 yr loan) We moved it directly down to TN for my husband's travel job. Had the coupler go out on the water heater in April, replaced it. No worries. We moved last week to a new location in IN. 2 days later while hubs is in the shower, I hear water water dripping outside. I go out and see the bottom ballooned out and water gushing from behind the hookup pipe for the sewer. (weakest point of exit) Since everything is soaked and we figured out it was grey water, I first called Heartland and they noted the issue, then told me to call CampingWorld to set up an appt. (This was Sept 6th. They told me that they were booked until October 10th and it would have to be dropped off for 10-14 days. I told her that fall is coming fast and all of that wet insulation is going to mold and possibly freeze by then. Dead silence. I said we live in this full time. Dead silence. I said so this will sit until almost Halloween before I get any feedback? Dead silence. I told her I needed to inform the husband before I commit. Long story short, we dismantled the shower and found the drain was not properly hooked up had come apart. A trip to the hardware store and we are now properly sealed, caulked,, insulated and trying to get rid of the hoard of drain flies we found living under the shower. Cost us 72 bucks and 2 days but it's better than 2 weeks of hotel cost. I just wish CW was as easy to work with as Heartland.

Attachments

• 20220913_160707.jpg
    20220913_160707.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20220913_160714.jpg
    20220913_160714.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

thewanderingeight

Glad you were able to get it fixed!

When we bought our 2021 Milestone, we found out after the first shower that they never even screwed the P trap to the shower drain. I have mixed feelings on not having any insulation under the RV, but after having had a few leaks, I feel like it’s more hassle than it’s worth to have it there. We have camped in as low as 25 degrees and the furnace did a nice job of keeping the floor warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centerline

camping world is about the worst place to purchase from, and definitely the worst place to have any work done...... but the quality of the trailer is not a camping world issue.....
and its matters little what brand of rv you buy, the quality control is low in ALL of them.... its amazing how much debris, blunders and unfinished work is hidden behind the facia and paneling...

the only difference in an expensive quality built RV and the average RV, is that the finish work is much better on the quality units.... whats behind the walls is about the same...

.....and then there are the budget RV's. dont ever buy one of these...

wdk450

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE any prospective buyers out there to do a quality of service check on the selling dealership on RVServiceReviews.com before making any final buying decisions.

If you are complaining that most of the reviews are old on this site, all I can say is that it DEPENDS ON ALL US RV'ERS TO REPORT OUR SERVICE EXPERIENCES (GOOD AND BAD) FOR THE BENIFIT OF OUR FELLOW RV'ERS. Anybody can submit an experience.