Small tear in Slide seal.

justafordguy

We have a new 2015 Gateway 3650BH and Yesterday I noticed a small tear in the corner of one of my outside slide seals. It's right in the corner where the side seal and the top seal meet. It looks like the two seals are glued together there and the glue came loose. Does anyone know what type of glue I could use to re-glue this corner?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is the W/strip torn or just came loose? 3M W/strip adhesive (black) will work if just pulled loose.

Bones

We have a new 2015 Gateway 3650BH and Yesterday I noticed a small tear in the corner of one of my outside slide seals. It's right in the corner where the side seal and the top seal meet. It looks like the two seals are glued together there and the glue came loose. Does anyone know what type of glue I could use to re-glue this corner?

Mine did the same thing. I need to glue them but not sure on glue type

justafordguy

It actually looks like it's torn not just unglued. I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Hey Bones, is it on your bedroom slide?

Bones

It actually looks like it's torn not just unglued. I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Hey Bones, is it on your bedroom slide?

Not that I know of But I will check this weekend. I'm bringing it back from storage to do some work. I noticed mine on the kitchen slide with the stove. I noticed my camp kitchen slide is chewing a bottom gasket too.

sengli

I had the same small tear. I used the 3M weather strip adhesive, but you need to do some prep for it to actually work. I tried at first with out prep and it lasted a couple of slide cycles then came loose again. You need to lightly sand the seals surfaces and take off the "shine" to be joined, then wipe and clean them with MEK or lacquer thinner. Then put adhesive on both parts and join.

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 47