So…Tire Pressure monitoring System or……

Mburtsvt

I got the Crossfires (80 psi) and when talking to the dealer he told me if I wanted to reinstall the hubcap (plastic cover over the lugnuts) I would have to cut a notch on it so the Crossfire would fit. I have not installed them yet (rain and cold and doctors appointments). I will let you know when we do.

I'm in the same situation. Maybe after winter. Looking at it - it should not be that hard.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I'm in the same situation. Maybe after winter. Looking at it - it should not be that hard.

the only thing that will make it more difficult is I will have to remove the lug nuts and spin the outside wheel so the valve stems will be opposite each other. Right now they are in the same hole. I hate removing tires. What a PITA.

Mburtsvt

the only thing that will make it more difficult is I will have to remove the lug nuts and spin the outside wheel so the valve stems will be opposite each other. Right now they are in the same hole. I hate removing tires. What a PITA.

My tire guy had the same problem on one side - added an extra 5 minutes to the installation. God bless air impact wrenches.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got an impact wrench somewhere in my shed. But I would have to unbury it (it must be beneath all the clutter). :)

SilverRhino

Just ordered the Crossfire 120s for my tow rig. Before ordering I spoke with the manufacturer about installing a TPMS sensor, and learned that you can actually order braided lines that have an air valve installed so that you can install your sensors and still monitor both tires. The sensors do not need to be removed to air up both tires simultaneously, and should your inner dual have a failure, tour TPMS would let you know. I think now, I will have the best setup for filling and monitoring dual rear tires......Now I just have to wait for them to arrive so I can get them installed and try them out!