So Who Cloned Who

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Parked across the street from me is this...
459b12dfd9c307fdcab945ed21e97b01.jpg

Change out the decals and she sure looks a lot like a Landmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
There are many subtle differences....DRV uses much larger front landing gear. They also have a radiused wrap on the front over hang instead of the beading...and the slides are inset into the openings instead of flanged....just to name a few...

Oh..and they use much better fenders...

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
There are many subtle differences....DRV uses much larger front landing gear. They also have a radiused wrap on the front over hang instead of the beading...and the slides are inset into the openings instead of flanged....just to name a few...

Oh..and they use much better fenders...

Yes as you say, there are differences but at first glance, I see the profile of the Landmark.
Just saying...for the sake of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

$120,000 coach...Zip ties, bungee cords and plywood. Real classy! Other than that there are many real differences between a DRV and a Landmark, starting with the 3 1/2" thick sidewalls on the DRV. Many of these quality older coaches had features on them 8-10 years ago that are just starting to show up on others "luxury" coaches now...Don

Mburtsvt

It still will be interesting to see how Heartland will integrate [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DRV Luxury Suites into the fold. I hope that it remains a separate high end [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]luxury group. [/FONT]

avvidclif

$120,000 coach...Zip ties, bungee cords and plywood. Real classy! Other than that there are many real differences between a DRV and a Landmark, starting with the 3 1/2" thick sidewalls on the DRV. Many of these quality older coaches had features on them 8-10 years ago that are just starting to show up on others "luxury" coaches now...Don

How can you breath with your nose in that rarified atmosphere?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Buying a DRV is like buying a house vs. buying an RV . . . thus the price difference!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Mobile Suites also comes from the factory with a 2 inch receiver hitch attached to the frame.

rxbristol

Dry weight on our Landmark San Antonio is 13,694. One of the DRV's, I saw at the Dallas RV Show this weekend, had a dry weight of 17,900. A big difference.

Kbvols

Awesome looking RV....personalized with a little redneck flair. Zip tied tailgater on roof , cooler strapped to back hitch, old school green astro turf....I know there has to be some duck tape used somewhere.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kenneths

Dry weight on our Landmark San Antonio is 13,694. One of the DRV's, I saw at the Dallas RV Show this weekend, had a dry weight of 17,900. A big difference.

I don't think the weight advertised are extremely accurate, here is what Bryced15 posted on the weight of his Newport, "We are right at 17,940lbs total trailer weight".

danemayer

I don't think the weight advertised are extremely accurate, here is what Bryced15 posted on the weight of his Newport, "We are right at 17,940lbs total trailer weight".

I believe dry weight specs are based on the initial prototype, and don't include any options. Sometimes there are forced options and those may not be in the spec either. It's quite common for the weight going out the door in Elkhart to be 1,000 lbs higher than the spec.

Weight decisions should be made based on the GVWR, which is the maximum weight allowed with all options and all your gear, and water and propane.

And of course, a Landmark San Antonio predates Landmark 365 models and has a lower GVWR than the LM 365s.

farside291

I saw one while I was in East Texas that was 44 feet long and had triple axles. Curiosity got the best of me and I checked the price...Ready...$178.000. But, it really was a beautiful RV.