Sofa Bed - Tear in Mattress caused by rough metal frame

combine_billy

Tim came thru for me and sent me a new mattress with the carry bag. We never got to use the original mattress, it leaked when we made the bed the first time. It just looks to me as a design flaw. I would never fold up that bed with the mattress in it, you are asking for trouble.

SilverRhino

True Fix or Band-Aid?

We discovered that our new BC also had the mattress problem :(

While on the road this was discovered....eMailed Tim Meade at Flair....received an immediate answer.....Friday evening too boot!

Replacement is being sent to our house and should be waiting for us....seems that Tim & Flair are doing their best to deal with this problem.

One question I have though....our mattresses are being replaced....many no longer being folded in the couch.....will they be damaged in use by sharp areas on frame?? I have tried to identify all sharp areas, file smooth and cover with tape.....will this fix be a band-aid or a true correction???

bowser66

When we took delivery of our 2009 Landmark Oakmont, they did not inflate the mattress to show us that it worked. As a matter of fact, the dealer had it stored in the storage compartment under the couch because of all of the same reasons that have been posted here. With that in mind my DW and I purschased and extra large space bag for about $10 an now store it behind the couch. It takes up very little space in the storage bag once the air is removed. I will have to inflate it to see if there are any problems with it. If not we are happy with storing in the space bag. If there is a problem and flair will replace then I will be happy also. I am certain that we will not use it much; however, when I need it, I want it to work.

mierwins

Kudos to Flair and especially Tim! He took care of our issues right away. Great customer service that definitely goes above and beyond.

Good to see they stand behind their product!

Stinger381

Well I guess I need to be sending out an email as well .... We took our second trip in the heartland this weekend for memorial day and both of the couch air mattresses went flat both nights. They inflate but within a couple of hours both were flat! I had my sister on one and my son on the other and I have to say I was very disappointed with the performance of the beds. I didn't spend anytime looking for holes and would much rather have real mattresses I think as I expect these beds to get a lot of use! I even found a tear in the upholstery in the rear loft room's couch. I'll talk to my dealer first and go from there.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, I'll post this one for Flair's benefit. We used our inflatable sofa bed last season for several nights when my sister in law stayed with us. Prior to that, we had tested it during our PDI, and again later before she arrived. I ran my hands over every surface and could not find any of the sharp edges or objects complained about that would penetrate the mattress. Needless to say, it never deflated while she slept on it.

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have a BC and it has an air mattress that in fact gets used quite a bit by our teen boys. no problems found with inflation or deflating. We try to make sure they fold the sides so it doesn't get pinched. The boys like the way it sleeps. Am sorry you have had trouble with your mattress.

Well I guess I need to be sending out an email as well .... We took our second trip in the heartland this weekend for memorial day and both of the couch air mattresses went flat both nights. They inflate but within a couple of hours both were flat! I had my sister on one and my son on the other and I have to say I was very disappointed with the performance of the beds. I didn't spend anytime looking for holes and would much rather have real mattresses I think as I expect these beds to get a lot of use! I even found a tear in the upholstery in the rear loft room's couch. I'll talk to my dealer first and go from there.

Stinger381, My name is Tim Meade I am the Sales Mnager at Flair Interiors, I first want to apologize for any undo stress this caused you during your trip, my goal is one thing : "making you a happy camper", and I will. If you could get me an address that accepts UPD deliveries, I will make sure you get handled and taken care of properly, if you want you can go to www.FlairInteriors.com and reply to our web page and it will go to me directly and I will make sure your taken care of. If for some reason a period of time goes by and you and I are not making contact please post anther forum here and I will make sure we get connected. Thank you and I again apologize for any inconvenience.

mdavis

Well The sofa monster took a bite out of mine too, Called the dealer yesterday, new replacement will be waiting for me when we get home from our trip. Bites for now though.

I am also trying to get our airbeds replaced. Waiting for reply from dealer. Back bed leaked air after first use, we patched it and so far so good. Front bed just used and it also has a leak, not sure where it is, but am asking for both to be replaced. Would store them in a bag as well if that will prevent this from happening again. Not so good when guests are with us, intending to sleep there!

Stinger381

Well I still haven't received my replacements yet. Tim started the ball rolling and then it was handed off to Elaine and she needed some info before she would replace the bladders. I had the trailer at our other property about an hour and a half away and it toook me a while to get the info Elaine needed. Well I finally got down there and took pictures of the labels and got the info she needed to Flair. Now I'm told I need to send the bladders back to the factory and then they will inspect them and determine if there is a warranty issue and replace them as necessary. I'm just about to the point of going out and finding matresses for these sorry beds and forget the bladder design all together.

WilmanJim

We had the Grandkids over last week and the first night we pumped the mattress up and around midnight we were awaken by our 5 year old granddaughter saying she couldn't find her 2 year old sister. So we jumped out of bed and found her behind the couch near the wall. The bed bit the mattress and she fell over the top. Got a bump on her head but stayed asleep. Called dealer and emailed Flair but haven't heard a thing. Out of warranty by one week.

Jim

Stinger381

Well I did finally get the Flair replacements and you can tell the quality is better with the replacements. I'm still not sure why the other mattresses failed but these seem to be holding up ok. Inevitably the mattress do lose some air overnight but at least they are staying inflated.

tmax264

My air mattress also was torn in several spots I repaired them with kit supplied, but I to found that folding it up in the couch would create a new tear I removed mine and repaired what I thought was the last tear but that was no the case I have one more (I hope) tear but ran out of the glue. Would it be ok to go to walmart and get a air mattress repair kit and use that glue?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
My air mattress also was torn in several spots I repaired them with kit supplied, but I to found that folding it up in the couch would create a new tear

I have read several posts about users folding the mattress up in the couch. Now I am trying to figure out if we all have the same model air-bed or if there are different ones in the Heartlands. Our mattress hangs in kind of an envelope behind the sofa back. I don't really fold it up inside the frame. Is this the same as yours?

Thanks!

kkamshop

Flair does use different air mattresses, friends of ours with an SOB trailer have the mattress in a bag. It seems it would protect it better than ours which is always strapped to the frame.

But I have read that they change suppliers once in a while too, so no idea what is available. I would call Flair to find out for sure.