Solar not charging battery.

scottieg

I have 1 TM-24 continental battery and an Aimspower controller. It give me an E-01 or E-02 error code. Am I doing something wrong. Not sure if I have the controller programmed correctly or not. Any help?

taskswap

I found what I THINK might be the quick-start guide for your Aimspower here - have a look and see if it matches:

If so, E01 means the battery was over-discharged and E02 seems to mean the opposite. Confusing, but these systems absolutely require the battery to be in good health - they can charge and maintain it, but aren't beefy enough to "fix" it if it goes AWOL. I've had luck in the past with AC-powered (bring battery home) battery chargers. But your TM-24 is a lead-acid, right? If so, it might simply be no good. Most auto shops will test them for free/cheap, or you could try a new one. If you just want a test, you can get a battery from somewhere else like a car you're not using for a few hours, and swap that in. If the errors clear up for awhile, replace the battery. If not, maybe contact Aimspower?

I just recently had this issue with dead batteries and a E01 code on my AIMS Power controller. I was told by the dealer to charge my batteries which did not rid the E01 code. I ended up finding a fuse holder between the panels where the wires run through the roof. The fuse was fine but its holder was corroded. After a clean up, reassembly the controller is now charging. The controller shows that pulsing arrow between the panel and battery symbols. Hope your fix is as easy…but less frustrating.

Attachments

• IMG_7279.jpeg
    IMG_7279.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7