SOLVED: Low Water Pressure at Kitchen Faucet

Barry Crocker

2011 Landmark Grand Canyon

We have never had very good water pressure in our kitchen sink. A couple of months ago I replaced the faucet (the handle broke) with a new one and the pressure increased a little but it is still very weak. The pressure had progressively gotten to the point that we can't even do the dishes. Pressure in the bathroom sink is good as is the toilet. Here is what I have done:
1. Checked the filter screen in the faucet. It's clear.
2. Disconnected the hot and cold supply lines and doubled checked that they are clean.
3. Replaced the screen filter at the fresh water connection at the docking station.
4. Shut off the fresh water supply and used the pump. No change.

Before I call out a technician, I thought I would post this to see if anyone might be able to give me some advice. Is there a screen filter in the system that I don't know about? I have looked behind the docking station and can't find one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mobilcastle

Re: Low Water Pressure at Kitchen Faucet

I removed all the water savers in my rig right after i bought it-makes a big difference. I would remove that first. Is it both the hot and cold feed? Possible kink in the line? I have a screen as part of my pump system where the inflow comes in to the pump-you could check that. Do you use a water filter? If yes, try removing it from the line. Do you use a water pressure valve in the line? If yes, remove it. Does the campground have good pressure-I have been in some that drop off quite a bit at times. i am not aware of any other screens in the fresh line other than the one you replaced. I am sure someone else will chime in sharper than me.

danemayer

Low Water Pressure at Kitchen Faucet

Have you tried running the water with the faucet filter removed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wdk450

As I remember working on this same problem, I found flow restrictors (either plastic flat washers with small center holes, or rubber sleeves with built in hose washers, again with a small center flow tube) at the ends of the supply lines into the faucet, and at both ends of the spray head hose. You need the washers to prevent leaks, but you can drill out and/or remove the restrictor tubing sections to get the hose 1 continuous inside diameter.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I had this same problem and I was fighting it for months. Low pressure first in the bath and then the kitchen.
I had checked everything twice. Took out all my flow restriction devices, washers, etc. Changed my fresh connection check valve. Still no luck.

I finally figured out my regulator (inexpensive Walmart type 40-45 psi) had gone bad and was restricting flow intermittently.
It seemed to have a backflow prevention device that was severely blocked. I didn't know these regulators had check valves in them. At least mine seemed like it did, the way it was working on again-off again. At one point it would completely shut down, then start working again.

Anyway, I replaced it with one of the 50-55 psi high flow regulators from CW. The one with the orange ring on it. The difference is amazing. I actually would rather shower in the rig now instead of trucking down to the CG showers. All faucets are functioning normally.

I highly recommend the high flow 50-55 psi regulator. Trace

Last edited:

Wharton

We have the same problem. We did a "scientific test"(gallon jug timed for 15 secs and marked) and know the problem is past the filters. We are thinking it is the back flow valve but need to empty the basement. If we empty the basement we want to reorganize the basement so we are waiting until after Thanksgiving.

Ours is so bad when the toilet is flushed the water to the kitchen stops.

Barry Crocker

I've checked for kinks in the line, there are none at least to where the line goes down underneath the floor. Same problem with both hot and cold feeds. I checked the connection at the pump. No screen filter there. I have ran the system without our filter connected, no change. I'm not using a flow regulator. Ran the faucet with out the spayer installed, same low pressure. The campground has fair water pressure. The camper's to both the left and right of us don't have the same problem we have.

What do the water savers look like? I am not aware of any in my system.

Again, thanks for the help so far.

mobilcastle

They look different in different fixtures but most are round white plastic disk and you can see a very small hole where the water has to flow through. Unscrew your shower head and look at that one. It is usually visible right at where the hose connects to the shower head so you can see one. If you cannot remove it drill it out as one poster stated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

If you have poor pressure from both the hot and cold in the kitchen, I would suspect the faucet to be the culprit.
If it is only the hot or only the cold, I would look elsewhere.
The suggestions to remove or modify the flow restriction device are good ones.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bksvo

My kitchen sink had a flow restrictor in the hose where it attaches under the sink. It was also full of saw dust. Removing it helped a lot.

Barry Crocker

Found the problem. There was a water saver in the spray nozzle line that had a very small piece of something in it. That thing is history.
Thanks for all of the help!