SOLVED: Missing Features (Remote). Is it common?

sbhoward

My unit (3650 RL) was supposed to come with the wireless remote Control System. It even shows on the equipment list.

Since I did not get a remote I asked the dealer to look into it while it was in their shop. We discovered my unit had not been wired at all for it, and was missing both the "brain" and the remote. To fix this will require a substantial rewiring and repair. The interior panel is blanked out where the manual switches would normally be so we have exterior lights with no way to control them. The dealer is trying to contact Heartland to see how to proceed, but my question is this....

Does it happen very often where major features on the build list are completely missed? Am just trying to understand what happened.
Thanks!

danemayer

Re: ATF: Big Country - Missing Features- Is it common?

Seems unlikely. Any chance the dealer doesn't know where to look for the brain? Frankly, that seems much more likely.

Why don't you call Heartland yourself to get firsthand information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

olcoon

If/when you call Heartland, have your VIN handy as they'll ask for it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Did you order this unit or did you by it off the lot?? RV's do not have listing for options stuck to a window like car does. Maybe your dealer made up the list and goofed.

sbhoward

Bob & Patty - Yes it was on the spec sheet when we signed the paperwork. It was bought off the lot.

Dan - I took your advice and called customer service myself. ( Best advice)

What I found was a very helpful tech who explained to me where to look and then gave me his email address in case we had to dig further.

I found the needed unit in the location he told me to look. So all I need now is the dealer to get the remote in and get it programmed. Woo - Hoo. I will have outdoor lights!

Although I was able to get an answer in 10 minutes, the dealer claimed they were still waiting for a return call. Heartland has been great every time I have called for help.

Thanks, Heartland. I'm just surprised a large chain dealer (not Heartland) didn't know where to find it.

All is well, so I thought I needed to update everyone.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions!

olcoon

Thanks for the update! A major part being a satisfied/unsatisfied owner lays with the dealer. Some are only interested in making the sale, once they have the check they couldn't care less. If your dealer was Camping World, that explains a lot, there are very few of them that actually have true "Customer Service".

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you looked in every drawer front to back? Also check in the blue owners manual bag. HL does sometimes hide them very well. Forget your dealer...call HL service and they will most likely send you one.

sbhoward

Oregon_Camper - Surprisingly - NO, not CW this time. If you wish to know, PM me and I'll let you know. It is a fairly large chain, but not as big as CW.

Do not remember where we found our remote. Mixed feelings. Nice to put lights on when arriving after dark or put awning out if its raining . But know if we take it with us we would probably lose it. Have a set of keys that we know are in the rig but cannot find them. Bob

kowAlski631

Do not remember where we found our remote. Mixed feelings. Nice to put lights on when arriving after dark or put awning out if its raining . But know if we take it with us we would probably lose it. Have a set of keys that we know are in the rig but cannot find them. Bob

Your missing keys are probably in the same place as ours. Bet they're having a party together. LOL!

pegmikef

We lost a set of my wife's keys in our rig and tore the thing apart and could not find them. Six months later we were at a rally in Kerrville and it turned a little cool. You guessed it, when my wife put on her cold weather vest, she found her keys in one of the pockets. In our search for some reason we overlooked outer garments (probably because it was quite warm when we noticed them missing).

sengli

4 years ago we had bought our first new 27RLSS elkridge fifth wheel off the lot of a local dealer. All the current brochures, and even the sales touted the LCI remote system included in the unit. After we took possession we found out, it did not have the remote system. All the paperwork we could find said it did. That always stuck in my head as a negative, so ended up trading up to the big horn. Quite often those remotes end up in a droor someplace in the coach.

Mburtsvt

I know it’s a little off topic - but my wife and I have become big fans of those little Bluetooth location “tiles”. We currently have 6 on different things,(keys,briefcase,remote) They work really well. Sometimes we hide each others stuff just to see if we can find them.

I gets real boring up here in Montana during the winter.

https://www.thetileapp.com

kowAlski631

I know it’s a little off topic - but my wife and I have become big fans of those little Bluetooth location “tiles”. We currently have 6 on different things,(keys,briefcase,remote) They work really well. Sometimes we hide each others stuff just to see if we can find them.

I gets real boring up here in Montana during the winter.

https://www.thetileapp.com

Oh, but then we'd miss the "thrill" of the chase. We love Montana and would have retired there - except for the snow and cold in the winter.

Ron-Cookie

Check the veggie bin in the refrigerator... That's where our remotes were....