SOLVED: Partial DC power outage

SteveT-NV

Hello,

We have a 2009 Big Country 3500RL and are having a power issue. The refrigerator and all lights will not work when the trailer is not plugged in, however the slides will go in and out and the front "struts" will retract and extend. Everything powers up when the trailer is plugged in.

I have tried flipping all the circuit breakers and have checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they seem ok.

Any thoughts as to what the problem could be?

Thank you for any help!

Steve

PS FWIW, This started after having some service done and I've called the service place, but can't get us back in for a couple weeks. Could they have flipped a switch somewhere? or Cut a wire?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if your BC has a battery cut of or not. It would be located in the battery compartment.
You may have to reset one of the 12 volt breakers. They are also located in the battery compartment and are behind some red covers. Most are self resetting, one has a very tiny button on the side. Check that one.
Also, have you looked at the battery cables, or checked the voltage at the battery?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SteveT-NV

Re: Partial power outage with battery

You may have to reset one of the 12 volt breakers. They are also located in the battery compartment and are behind some red covers. Most are self resetting, one has a very tiny button on the side. Check that one.

Thank you Dave, that fixed it! It was the little button, I couldn't find it for a minute, but it was there and after I reset it, all is Good!

Thanks again,

Beckster

Yaay, thanks, worked on our 2011 Big Horn 3610. We have been baffled ! Thanks :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Welcome to the forum Beckster. I see you have been a member for a few months and this is your first post.
Glad things worked out for you. Aint this a great forum.
Are we going to see you at the MI Rally this August?

Peace
Dave

Beckster

Yes it is Dave ! I don't think we will be there. We stay in the U.P. all summer on Lake Superior :)