SOLVED: What are these bearings from? (drawer guides)

FiremanBill

While cleaning up after returning from our last trip over the 4th my wife noticed these little balls on the floor. They appear to be out of some sort of bearings. all together we found three of them.

I have had absolutely nothing in the coach that uses this type of bearing for them to come out of. Could they possibly out of a slideout bearing of some sort? They are really small so that has me stumped.

Scratching my head as to what they are

Attachments

• IMG_20130714_165726_016.jpg
    IMG_20130714_165726_016.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 90

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Cyclone - What kind of bearings are used in the slideouts

If your slideout has rollers, then it looks like new rollers are in order.
New rollers come with the bearings installed.

Peace
Dave

Mizmary

Could those be from a drawer? I think the drawers also have bearings?

FiremanBill

Could those be from a drawer? I think the drawers also have bearings?

Could be, that would be better than a slide bearing. I would think the bearings for the slides would be bigger anyway.

I'll check my drawers... lol

Mizmary

😃 check your drawers and get back to us.

FiremanBill

You nailed it Mary. Thanks.

The slider on the drawer under the fridge is missing the end cap which has allowed the part with the bearings to come too far out thus the bearing are falling out. Easy fix, I'll call tomorrow and see if Heartland can send me a new slider for the drawer.

Attachments

• drawer.jpg
    drawer.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 58

Mizmary

Ask me how I know this? We have found the same bearings coming from one of our drawers. :) I'm glad it wasn't the slide roller.

FiremanBill

I am very happy it's not the rollers also! This is a much easier fix. I take it this may be a common problem? Did you get a new drawer slider?

Mizmary

No. Not yet. We only lost one so we weren't terribly concerned. If we lost several then we would worry more.

FiremanBill

I'll be calling tomorrow, hopefully they can just send me another one. Seems silly to take it in to the shop for that.

Mizmary

Yes. We are acquiring a list. Seam tape, drawer guides. We will call and plan a weekend to do fixing up this fall.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I'll be calling tomorrow, hopefully they can just send me another one. Seems silly to take it in to the shop for that.

Bill. It may be easier and faster to go to your local Home D and buy a set of glides. The basic glides used by Heartland are only about $10-$15 a set. Very easy to replace. Just measure the old glide length before going to the store.

oscar

Bill. It may be easier and faster to go to your local Home D and buy a set of glides. The basic glides used by Heartland are only about $10-$15 a set. Very easy to replace. Just measure the old glide length before going to the store.

Even better, take it with you.