SOLVED: What's this switch in the UDC for? (LM Ashland)

sengli

Buying a left over ashland 365, and there is a switch in the UDC near the water heater side. What is this switch for? Kinda looks like the connections are not 12 volts, but rather 110VAC type wiring?

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

Re: Ashland UDC

We have a CY, so the UDC is probably completely different.....but it does have a small, white 12 V toggle switch that will turn on the water pump in the UDC.

My thought is if we wish to use either the outside shower in the UDC, or the DS spray port, we can turn the pump on/off without having to go inside.....hope this helps.

sengli

I am going to look further into this mystery switch today. I did notice on the water heater chassis itself... there was no, extra switch for the 120V operation...so maybe thats it? I doubt its for the water pump, as the wiring looks its for 120V due to its sizing of the wire. What baffles me is it looks like it was OEM. Never seen any extra switches in the UDC before.

On my other rig, I did add an extra switch for the water pump, which helped when winterizing the coach with any- freeze.

LBR

If you could post up a couple pictures for everyone here, it would probably help a lot.

sengli

Re: What's this switch in the UDC for? (LM Ashland)

Well LBR was right, it is a secondary 12V switch for the internal water pump. There is a round hole in the UDC wall, but the switch which looks like the dealer wired in, is square. Guess that is one mre thing to fix, after the sale.

dave10a

My Landmark has a factory install 120vac protected plug in the UDC and is labeled 120VAC. There is no reason an outlet like that is agaisnt any code as long as it is protected via the groud fault when near a wet source. It does come in handy at times. I also installed my own 12vdc recpeticle in the UDC to run an auxilllary pump to fill the fresh water tank when needed in various state and federal parks. It would be nice if switches and plugs were all labeled correctly, but for some reason MFG's don't do it.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Its probably a switch to activate the water pump from outside for when you want to winterize.

Rod