Someone's not gonna get their security deposit back.

pegmikef

I haven't rented a truck in many years, but I seem to remember that there was always a label prominently displayed on the dash with the minimum height requirements for the vehicle. Is this no longer true?

MCTalley

I haven't rented a truck in many years, but I seem to remember that there was always a label prominently displayed on the dash with the minimum height requirements for the vehicle. Is this no longer true?

I'm sure they still are displayed somewhere inside. I also remember they used to put the height in reverse on the front, drivers-side corner of the box so you would see it every time you looked in the outside rearview mirror.

Additionally, the approach to this particular bridge (in Durham, NC as I remember) has an automated over-height indicator that flashes all kinds of lights and warnings if you approach with something too tall.

Dennyha

The photo I posted at the top of this thread is from Canton, OH. This just happened yesterday. Ironic that the bridge height is 11'-8", and that is the name of the website with the videos.

porthole

Retired
The photo I posted at the top of this thread is from Canton, OH. This just happened yesterday. Ironic that the bridge height is 11'-8", and that is the name of the website with the videos.

11'8 website came about because of the bridge in North Carolina. The web owner worked near the bridge and installed cameras to try and get some of the impacts. The railroad installed the guillotine bar to minimize bridge damage. Recently laser, more blinkers and traffic lights were installed to try and minimize the impacts.