Sound problems?

JBehrens

I recently purchased a 2012 Bighorn 3610RE. Love the camper but I am having two problems. The TV needs to have the volume set almost all the way up in order to hear it. The TV extends from behind the fireplace and also has the speakers mounted on the bottom. This causes most of the sound to go behind the fireplace. This paricular TV (Sharp) has no audio outputs or I could route the sound to the stereo. Any Suggestions or possible fixes? The second issue I have is the TV reception. The TV's in the bedroom and the outside storage compartment typically get twice as many channels as the Living room.
Can I add a second booster in the living room?

Thanks, Jerry

pegmikef

My tv didn't have audio out either but it did have an earphone/headset stereo jack so I just bought a single miniplug to 2 rca victor plugs adapter plug and plugged the cables into the stereo audio in ports. Works fine. I don't know about your reception problems but I am sure someone will jump in with a fix.

Bobby A

Just wanna make sure you are doing the auto scan everytime you switch locations ?? Also, you might try tracing the coax back and make sure all connections are tight. Also, try going on the roof and make sure those connections are tight on the antinna and booster, mine was loose up there when I had signal issues.

Last edited:

danemayer

Newer TVs and Surround Sound may support Audio Return on the HDMI cable. Our surround sound does, but our TV doesn't. But since ours is a 2011 and yours is 2012, yours might. Check the manuals to see if it's supported on your surround sound. If so, follow the instructions in the manual on how you select that audio stream. You might also have to check the TV manual to see if you have to set audio output in some way.

You might also need to get a new HDMI cable that supports Audio Return (ARC).

Or maybe your units don't support it. Worth checking.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jerry, check every coax connection you can find. Behind the wall plates as well. The ends of the coax sometimes get installed with a ground wire touching in the wrong spot and this will cause problems. You will need an ohm meter or continuity tester and make sure the center pin and the outer part of the connector are not in contact. Also make sure the threads are tight on the connections.