Sound system

jbeletti

LK,

I am not sure if they tape/tie-wrap the wires between the LR and BR speakers. My guess is no. Consider calling the factory at their main number of 574-262-5992 (different than the customer service number). Ask to speak to or leave a message for the Landmark "production" manager (not product manager). When you hear from this guy, ask him about those wires. Also take the opportunity to see if he generalize and give you an answer for any other product lines he is familiar with in terms of the speaker wire routing.

As for getting a bunch of RG-6 or any lines from the LR to the BR, I don't think I'd use the roof as it's just too hard to get those heavier cables up the rear cap and into the roof. Once in the roof, probably fairly easy depending on how the fiberglass insulation is packed in.

I think it would be easier to lay it all out on the ground, tape or loom it, then put it above the underbelly. Be aware too that it will all have to come out to the slide and into the flex guard and up into the slide floor (fun-fun). You may want another flex guard for the other side of the same slide. Wonder how many flexures RG-6 is rated for (copper clad steel center conductor)?

How about running a single 50' HDMI cable to the BR TV?

Jim

vrugt

Hi Linuxkidd, thanks for the suggestion about RS. At the moment we are stuck in Starke FL. There is a Radio Shack but I would call it just a Shack; no stock at all.

If I can't find the speaker wires I may resort to the Logitech Wireless Music System for PC ($60). I am using one at home and I am pretty happy with it. If they produce one for video, you have your solution. When I check Amazon under Electronics with the search argument wireless video, there are some hits but it maybe bogus of course.

linuxkidd

My primary concern is getting HDTV signals from LR to BR. I don't think there's any wireless solutions at all for this yet. I may however get away with a slingbox and a laptop connected to the BRTV.. however.. still not optimal.

We'll see.. It's not a necessity at this point, so it'll wait till things warm up outside before I dive into it. :)

LK

vrugt

What if you use 3 wireless video boxes? One for each video component [SIZE=-1](Y,Pb and Pr)[/SIZE]and 3x2 audio channels for your already converted analog 5.1?

linuxkidd

I'll have to look into it, but I don't think that the Wireless video boxes do a 1 for 1 transfer. i.e. They understand the composite video signal and transmit it. Then re-create it on the other side. I think the HDTV signal over Component cables is a higher frequency among other differences.

Good idea though... I'll have to see if someone has tried it.
LK

jbeletti

I'm sticking with the long HDMI cable option. I used a 25' long one when doing a custom A/V install for a friend and it worked out well. Pushed the HD video and stereo audio to the TV. Saved me a lot of separate cable runs and worked out great for her when she didn't want to fire up the A/V receiver for audio - she still had sound right at the TV speakers.

Maybe the bedroom TV does not have an HDMI input?

Jim