Spare tire cover from factory too big

Bri

Anybody else have the vinyl spare tire cover fly off on the first trip out on a brand new trailer? We have a North Country 22RBQ w/ back bumper mounted spare tire. The cover seemed a little sloppy to me but I figured the factory should know what they're doing. Sure enough it disappeared on our first trip. Is this common?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bri, Are you sure this was a factory supplied cover? I can see from the picture in your signature, the spare is mounted aft of a bike. This might allow more air flow and cause the cover to get blown off. Most spares I've seen are mounted close to the rear of the trailer.
Also, after a couple years exposure to the elements, the elastic gets a little loose. This might have contributed to the loss.

Bri

The pull-out bumper is an option that came with the trailer right from the factory. I'm sure the air getting behind it is what did it. I had a feeling it would come off. Since it's relatively inexpensive to replace and harmless when flying through the air I took a chance. It shouldn't have been stretched out it was brand new. It's not a big deal, but we've found so many little issues with this new trailer we're a bit disappointed. I've spent a lot of time "fixing" things like rattling water lines, scratched cabinet doors, leaky faucets, there's a pretty long list. We still like the trailer but we're not thrilled with the "fit and finish".

wildwolfproducts

That's part of the joy of owning toys, You always find stuff wrong to fix. Wish it were not true, but there all the same. You have to take that with ownership. Or your never going to like a camper, boat or other toys.
Pete