Speakers in living room

Paul & Nan

Should have 5 speakers on the ceiling (two over the sofa, three over the TV), along with the subwoofer box in the cabinet under the desk. Or wherever they put it if you have the fireplace. My 3670 has the Samsung DVD combo. The speakers all work with the radio, DVD, or CD, but I cannot get decent surround sound with the TV only. splitter from the Be sure to turn on the amplifier button for the bedroom TV connection, though.

JohnDar, where is the amplifier button for the bedroom TV connection located as we have a 3670 with Samsung as well. Thanks Nan

truknutt

Committed Member
I think he is speaking of the TV wall plate in your bedroom. It should have the little red button w/red light when it's on. That's the TV antenna amplifier.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Please Speak English folks for us electronically and mechanically challenged. I can't get my surround sound to work in any way. The most I get is the front 3 speakers to work. My question is: when should the surround sound work? On the TV or DVD or CD etc. I have a motosat HD dish, so I don't use the antenna at all. Don't get much radio, but plenty of TV stations on Direct. I have a Samsung DVD Home Theatre System HTX20. thanks in advance to what plugs in where. LOL We are on our 16th day of a 51 day summer trip. Presently in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA getting ready for a jet boat ride tomorrow down the Snake River. Next stop Coeur d' Alene, ID. I would be beautiful music if I could get these darn speakers to speak up.

jbeletti

Larry,

Sounds should come out of your rear 2 speakers when:

1. The surround receiver is set to one of the surround modes and
  2. The material you are listening to is being sent through the surround receiver and
  3. The material being played has surround channels
That said, generally, movies are encoded with surround channels. Some television shows are as well but not all. Your TV audio out must be connected to the AUX in of your surround receiver in order to play TV sound through the system. This still does not ensure you will have TV sound out all speakers in surround mode. Again, that is dependent upon the material being played. I'd suggest for best results, that the stereo output of the Satellite receiver be connected to the AUX input of the surround receiver.

To ensure all your speakers are "hooked up", try to put your surround receiver into speaker test mode. Fiddle with it to find it or look in the manual. Most surround receivers have this test mode. This allows you to ensure the speakers are all connected and allows you to set the balance/fader systems to your liking in terms of levels from those speakers.

Have fun.

Jim