Special Low Price on CAIG Cramolyn DeoxIT Contact Restorer/Cleaner Spray

wdk450

Gang:
I just got a flyer from Parts Express electronic parts (Parts-Express.com - 800-338-0531) . They had the CAIG DeoxIT contact restorer/cleaner (item 341-200) that I have extolled in many posts on this forum on sale for $9.98 each (Regular price $16.98). This is the lowest price I have seen in recent memory on this. The shipping is about $8, though. I ordered 3 cans that will amortize the shipping, and keep me stocked for a few years.
I have used this stuff on the steering wheel radio/cruise control switches in my truck that quit working, on 12 volt light switches that heat up, on satellite and cable TV connections, the trailer umbilical cord connector, and use it regularly on my 30 and 50 amp shore power cord connections. I use it also on the large contactor relays for the EMS power protection and generator transfer switches.

My favorite work story on how well this stuff works is of a large blower motor switch that quit working. I was able to access the switch contacts (a new switch would take a couple of days to get and this was a medical STAT job), and filed them with a swiss file - the switch still did not work. I sprayed the contacts once with DeoxIt, and the switch worked successfully immediately, and for 10 test tries after that.

MikeR

Thanks for the pricing tip on the Caig DeoxIT. I picked up a couple of cans. Good price!