Splitting FM Modulater signal

busted2341

Splitting RF Modulater signal

I have been able to split the satillite, cable and OTA signal from the upper left cabnet in the Ent. Center inside the coach. I have 1 DISH 211z receiver that only allows for HDMI and RC jacks in the back. I have the receiver hooked into thhe HDMI and I have the RCA jacks hooked into the RF modulater so that I get no interferrence on the outside TV. I then split the cable/OTA cable to the bedroom and surprisingly I get satillite in the bedroom but the picture is just not clear. It's viewable but grainy.

My question is, can I split the RF Modulator at the receiver to solve that problem in the bedroom. In other words just plug in a RCA spliter into the receiver then run two modulators off the one receiver to both TVs?

We don't watch enough TV in the BR to pay for another receiver. I just like doing this stuff??

danemayer

Re: Splitting RF Modulater signal

Hi Frank,

If I follow what you're doing, the output of the RF modulator is connected to your cable/OTA coax connector in the living room, and you're jumpering the bedroom cable/OTA coax connector to the TV's coax connector. If the signal is good at the outside TV, but noisy in the bedroom, I'd think it's likely you have a loose coax connection somewhere between living room and bedroom.

busted2341

Thanx Dan....Let the loose conection find begin.....I would hope there is a single wife that runs between the udc and the TV. So I will check every connection I can get to....I'll let you know...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Also, if your built-in AM/FM/CD/DVD player is in the same run as the TV you are not getting good reception on, try unplugging the stereo from the antenna splitter as it may be grounding out the signal.

That is what is causing our cable TV issues (even though our dealer just 'fixed it' under warranty).

danemayer

Thanx Dan....Let the loose conection find begin.....I would hope there is a single wife that runs between the udc and the TV. So I will check every connection I can get to....I'll let you know...
Look in the pass through basement storage. If there's a coax connector there, there'll be a splitter behind it. The UDC wire for the cable TV goes to the bedroom where it is combined with the OTA signal at the booster. From there, it may go to the pass through storage (if there's coax there) before going to the living room.